Homecoming Part 6

Sara ,Nick ,Greg and I Sat in the break room watching the sheriff give her speech on the tv . (TV:"As of tomorrow morning a comission will begin for bribery murder and corupttion within the Las Vegas Police Department ,four years ago when I took office I promised change and I am going to do just that " Nick paused the tv "what a load of crap " he said . We all turned around to face him . " The department or the investigation ?" Sara asks . " You can say it but the sheriff is right we went through this when Mckeen was exposed and things got better " Greg says picking at his food. "Liston was elected made changes " Sara says taking a bite out of her burger . "Now she's talking about changes again that's what I am saying ,Warrik's dead and Mckeen is still in buisness Its all just talk " Nick says . " Nick what are you saying "I say letting go of his hand . " I am saying that its not going to make any difference ,cause in this town its all about the game ,game never changes just the players , I am starting to think that Catherine was right " He says looking at all of us ,I got a bit scared at this . " What leaving ?" Greg says . "No Greg quitting" he says I drop my cup and the water splashes everywhere "What ?" I say looking at him . " Nick I know things are crazy right now but " Sara starts but doesn't get to finish "Hey she once told me if you can't handle this job theres the door and you know what ......I'm out " He says gathering his food . "Nick wait " I say going after him . I catch up to him " What the hell Nick why are you quitting ,you said that we would be in this forever together and I know " "Nicole look I love you to death but its just not going to be like that anymore this job is to much to handle " He says holding my hands and looking me in the eyes ,I look away " Nick  I know this job is to much to handle and I stayed when you told me to because I love you I made a huge sacrifice and why can't you do the same Nicholas " I start walking away "oh and one more thing .....I'm pregnant " I say walking away " Nicole wait "I hear his footsteps I go into the bathroom . I sit there at the corner crying when I get a call from Morgan "Hey whats?" "Nicole please ,they shot my dad please come " "Okay slow down where are you at " I head to wear Morgan is and see that Conrad has been shot 'THIS IS CHARLIE 05 STOKES MONTENEGRO I need a bus at The Mediterranean  " I say into my walky talky ,Morgan hugs me and I hug her "its going to be okay " I say. I just wasn't sure of it this time.