Prologue

NOTE: This story is completely fan-made and not to be considered official in regard to original works.

CAUTION: This fanfic contains content that may NOT be intended for younger readers. The author specified this due to references of violence, gore, language/profanity, and scary/suggestive themes. As such, it is highly recommended that readers of age 14+ can read this story.

This must have been a coincidence, was it not? At the same night, three unwittingly chosen individuals in three different dorms, sleepily climbed onto their beds at the same time. As they closed their drowsy eyes, they each fell into the same dream, witnessing the same figure, which took the form of a thin, black silhouette of a man with long hair. The ghost’s left eye gleamed red, as well as what may have appeared as an open, yet oozing wound on the center of his chest that never gained the chance to heal.

~~~~~~ Mel ~~~~~~

The White Wizard Mel was one of the three chosen subjects to witness such a horrific dream. In the realm, he was by himself, surrounded by an endless forest with decaying and leafless trees that was blanketed by swirling grey mist. The confused Wizard did not seem to know where he was. He thought up some ideas of where he was, wondering if he could be right, or wrong. He looked into the ghostly figure with mixed feelings of fear and guilt. Then, he began to step toward the spirit, which seemed to be composed of nightmares and black mist, rather than blood.

“Stop.” the ghost snapped, when Mel was about to reach out his arm and grab him. “Is that how you would greet me?”

“Your voice…” Mel whispered to himself, unaware that the figure in front of him could hear him speak, “Your voice sounds familiar. Avalon? Brother?”

“You. Guessed. It.” The ghost snapped back. “I bet you missed me so damn much that it has hurt you for as long as then until now. Oh, how I absolutely miss roaming the grounds of the Kingdom of Fantasy, and how I would love to see poor Cackle’s face again.”

“Seriously? All of what she has said to and about you, and none of that sunk in?” Mel asked, irritated. “Enough of that! I need to know exactly why I am here. I do still miss you, but I guarantee to you that the rest of the world thinks differently, especially after all of what you have done.”

“Very well.” The spirit smiled wryly. He guided the Wizard into a deeper region of the withering marshes. Only Mel was able to feel the freezing mist swirling around him, while walking through the mud that squelched and splashed every time he took a step. They continued to walk through the soiled water until the ghost stopped at what seemed to be the center of the marsh. Mel knew that this place could neither be the Kingdom of Witches or the Realm of Nightmares. The Wizard and the spirit observed a large pile of swirling black mist. The spirit then raised one of his arms to sweep the mist away, revealing two figures sleeping in peace. One of the figures took the form of a young girl with long hair, a headband with a crescent moon in the center, and with a white dress. The other sleeping figure was in the shape of a creature that resembled a dragon. Yet, it was wingless, had an elongated serpentine body, had a jagged horn in the center of its forehead, and was covered from its mane to its feline tail with pale blond fur. However, Mel noticed something off. Both of the sleeping figures had a glowing red ring around their necks, and somehow, there seemed to be a chain-like link connecting the rings. It took a very short time for Mel to recognize the girl. He looked toward the ghost and began to speak.

“Explain this to me!” Mel exclaimed furiously; his body went cold and started to tremble. “Why is my niece involved in this! I demand you to define this in front of me!”