Chapter 6 - A Warning

Blossom, the lively Queen of the Fairies, stood at the entrance of her radiant glossy Crystal Castle to gaze into the deep-blue sky and watch the sun crawl its way past the horizon in order to seep through the dawn. Its golden rays pierced the darkness, while the horizon underneath shifted from its sleepy indigo to rosy pink and orange. Her pale hair and white dress swirled with the gentle morning breeze.

Where is the Knight? She asked herself, I hope he's alright. I cannot lose hope right now. With Calamity on the loose and my daughter missing, and now no sign of Geronimo...

The Queen stopped and took a griefed sigh. She then turned her body to slowly step back to the interior of the palace, until her ears were able to detect a faint voice reach closer to her in cries for help. The voice calling for her sounded like the voice of a young man trying to run from something. Blossom then ran outside the castle, stretched her white wings, and began to rise toward the air. As she reached the sky, she looked down and noticed a man running toward the Crystal Castle. From the sky, he appeared as a figure in silver and blue armour, and he was running, which made his blonde hair look like it was flying behind him. Blossom then swooped down and landed in the front of the palace before the man could make it to the entrance. He stopped in front of her, puffing out air to catch his breath, and kneeled down on one of his knees. He was trembling in fear and exhaustion, and he looked up to make eye contact with the Queen. Blossom gave a face of recognition.

"Monsoon?" Blossom asked, "What brought you all the way here?"

"It's Calamity!" He wheezed, "He... He captured the Knight, and killed the others. Ice left to warn the Bright Empire, I think... The Knight also seemed to have a sister that was captured, minor detail."

"Any sign of Winglet?"

Monsoon nodded his head to say no.

"My! I can't believe that you came this far! You seem tired and stressed; is there any way I can help?"

"I'm afraid I have to say no to that, your majesty." Monsoon replied, following a nervous gulp. "I need to leave soon-"

"Are you sure?"

"I'd rather die alone than lure him here to you! You're far more valuable than me!" Monsoon cried. He then took off into the wilderness and his body faded into the darkness of dawn as he traveled further away from the palace. The Queen of the Fairies wore a very concerned face, but she made the decision to not chase down the man who was running away. She then walked back into the entrance of the Crystal Castle and retreated to her throne room to pray for the hope of finding her daughter and the Knights she had been seeking for a long time. In the meanwhile, Monsoon raced through the plains and forests until he reached the shore of the same river he traveled to escape Calamity, the enemy that swore to track him down. As he continued to run through the fields of grass, he shrouded himself in a magical cloud of thick silvery-blue mist. A wingless gold furry dragon bursted out of the hazy fog as the particles of the cloud were slowly fading into the air. The dragon continued to trot to the river with its four paws. Monsoon eventually reached the muddy shore of the river, and he could feel the cool moist sand fill up the gaps between his paws. As a dragon, he panted in exhaustion of running in the fields and swimming through the rivers. Since he was now weary from non-stop traveling, Monsoon managed to transform himself back into the young man he was using his magic. He rested his body, letting himself touch where the water met the dirt, allowing the chilled liquid to seep into his armour and flow through his clothes. After feeling like he was knocked out, he chose to curl himself up, hopefully to keep the warmth of his Soul circulating through his body, and mentally lull himself into a nap near the river. The seconds that have passed became minutes, which effortlessly developed into hours, and the clouds in the sky swelled and grew thicker and darker. Small specks of drizzle fluttered from the air to the floor, while a faint murmur of thunder could be heard from a distance too far to be easily noticed. After the first true drops of rain fell into his hair, Monsoon slowly and groggily woke himself up from his slumber. The moist sand from the shore had already stuck itself into his hands, boots, and one side of his face. He then picked himself up and carelessly stumbled into a patch of trees and ferns. A silent rustle rushed around him, which made him more alert. The sound disappeared, and Monsoon reached out his hand to rest himself beside a tree. When he was about to touch the thick wooden stem, a small flat object darted past his face and landed on the back of his hand closest to the tree, digging deeper into the skin and severing some veins which got in the way. Monsoon quickly flinched and quickly yanked the dart out of his hand, while pain stung him and fresh red fluid gushed from the wound. With the mysterious sharp object in his undamaged hand, Monsoon began to study it. The object resembled a small disc made of metal, probably steel, and it had serrated edges. About one-third of the blade was stained with blood.

Damn it! Monsoon exclaimed to himself while dropping the blade. He then stood up and squeezed the laceration with his hand in order to keep as much blood in his body. Monsoon also turned around to check his surroundings. Am I being followed?

"Who's there!!!" Monsoon snarled. "Show yourself!"

He began to walk, and that eventually led him to running for a newer place to hide. The action of running made him let go of his bleeding wound, and small beads of the crimson fluid dropped from the wound onto the floor. A patch of tall ferns stood in the distance, and the man sprinted towards the plants. As he reached the bushes, he trampled on some of the plants, which made distinct rustling sounds as the branches brushed at his legs and arms. He then decided to stay in place. A few seconds have passed, and the shadow of a moving creature passed by. While he was watching out for possible dangers, his damaged hand was leaking more blood, and the drops of liquid that fell landed onto the ground and were absorbed by the soil. Suddenly, something whacked Monsoon's legs which knocked him into the ground. He picked himself up, ready to defend himself. He stood up again, and something, or someone, lunged into him, and the prick of another blade, but this time, it was in a lower portion of his side. Monsoon winced again and looked to his side, only to find out that he was confronting the one who murdered Flash, and the killer held the rope tied to Wolfy on his other hand.

"Howdy, Monsoon!" Calamity snickered. "What brings you here?"

"It's too late, Queen Blossom of the Kingdom of Fairies has already been warned of you!" Monsoon growled.

Calamity wore a bigger smile on his face, baring his fangs. He chuckled, which eventually became a maniacal snicker. "Oh, Monsoon! Don't you know it's rude to trespass? And now the Queen is involved in this!?"

He then used the scythe held in his hand to penetrate Monsoon deeper. As the spear-like tip was buried into Monsoon's side, he winced and snarled in pain, and more blood leaked from the wound, and began to trickle down his blue armour, making a stain around the wound that looks purple. A crunch can be heard as the blade was being twisted as it reached a rib, successfully snapping it out of place. The victim's eyesight became blurry and he laid himself onto the floor. Monsoon then looked up towards the enemy.

"You won't get away with this for too long!" Monsoon groaned wanly, "You can do whatever the hell you want with Wolfy, with Ice, or with me, but you'll eventually burn in hell for it!"

Calamity pulled out the scythe from his victim, and then he raised one of his hands. Monsoon then felt a cold, yet tormenting sensation running from the wound to his chest, and then his limbs. He felt stiff, making it difficult to fill his lungs with air, preventing his heart from pumping the blood needed to the rest of his body. Wolfy was horrified by Monsoon's suffering, that she whimpered a demand to stop the torture.

"W-what the h-hell!?" Monsoon barked.

"So Mel convinced you that his brother was the only one that can do this?" Calamity sneered, "You've been mistaken." He lifted his hand a little higher, and more pain dragged Monsoon into the ground, filling his airways with fluid. Blood in small amounts started to leak out of Monsoon's nose. "How about I amplify my power a little more?" Monsoon then felt like his Soul was being crushed, and more blood gushed out of the wound that was punctured into his side. Then, pieces of his Soul were magically extracted from the bleeding wound.

"I'm sure that he wasn't able to do this!" Calamity growled, "Not only can I manipulate pain, but I can extract fragments of your Soul, and do whatever I want with them!!!"

Monsoon could do nothing but watch the liquified fragments of his own life force leave him, eventually gliding towards Calamity's hands. About five glowing red beads of magical essence were floating around the enemy's hand, and he threw them towards Monsoon's neck, darting at his throat like radiant bullets that ripped through him. The man in blue dropped dead after his own magic essence mutilated him. The last breath left Monsoon's body, and the breeze winding around them became colder. It was more difficult for Calamity to drag a traumatized Wolfy towards him as they departed for their next destination, leaving Monsoon on the ground to decay.