Chapter 28: Their Lives

(A/N Here is the rest of the episode. Hope you guys like this!)

The three of them went into the bar car, Loki and Jamie with their helmets off.

"Good evening, passengers," Jamie greeted.

"Hi," Loki nodded to them.

They then went to a table and Sylvie went to one side of it.

"Um, uh, look, I can't go backwards on a train," Loki replied.

"Well, I never sit with my back to a door," Sylvie said.

"What? There are doors on both sides," he remarked in confusion.

"Oh, just sit down," she commanded.

"I'll take the middle so I can watch both of you," Jamie told them as she made her way into the middle.

"Like you trust her over me," Loki said.

"I'm a fan of both of you. I'll be the peacemaker until we get out of here," Jamie pointed out.

"Fine. I trust you over him anyway," Sylvie stated.

Loki scoffed and Jamie smiled in triumph as they sat down.

"FYI, that wasn't even a plan," Sylvie remarked.

"Oh, really?" Loki asked.

"Plans have multiple steps. Dressing as a guard and getting on a train is just doing a thing," Sylvie said.

"Oh, you a bit tired? Feel free to, you know, get some rest," Loki offered.

"I can't sleep in a place like this," she told him.

"You can't sleep on a train?" he questioned.

"No. I can't sleep around untrustworthy people," Sylvie clarified.

"Oh, right. That us?" Loki whispered.

"Minus her," she said, pointing to Jamie, then remarked, "But you two feel free to take a nap."

"Nice try," Loki smirked.

"I'm not gonna waste my time rooting around for the TemPad when someone taught you fairly decent magic," Sylvie pointed out.

"My mother," he replied.

Jamie's smile of amusement faltered as she heard that.

"What was she like?" Sylvie asked.

"She was, um...a Queen of Asgard. She was good. Purely decent," Loki answered.

"Are you sure she was your mother?" Sylvie wondered..

"Oh, no, she's not actually. I was adopted. Is that a bit of a spoiler for you? Sorry about that," Loki told her.

"No, I knew I was adopted," she replied.

"Whoa," Jamie commented.

"What? They told you?" Loki asked in confusion.

"Yeah. Did they not tell you?" Sylvie wondered.

"No. I mean, they did, eventually," Loki answered then requested, "Hang on a second. So, tell...tell me about your mother."

"I barely remember her. Just blips of a dream at this point," Sylvie said.

"You know, when I was young, she'd do these little bits of magic for me. Like turn a flower into a frog or cast fireworks over the water. It all seemed impossible. She told me that I'd be able to do it too because...Because I could do anything," Loki explained then offered, "You two wanna see?"