(2)

So even though I only got two comments on chapter 1, I'm going to keep writing because I love romione and I just feel like writing this fic.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The feast was lovely. As always, Ron scarfed down anything put in front of him. At one point he actually started choking and it took a few sips from his goblet to get him back to breathing. I didn't talk much. Actually no one did unless they were asking Hayden a question. She held the conversation. The rest of us just listened.

Hayden is a pure blood from the united states. She told us what state but I can't remember. I think it was somewhere on the east. Close to New York I believe. Her lingo is a little different. She calls goblets cups. She calls corridors hallways. Snogging is "making out" and shagging, well I'm not even going to tell you what she calls that.

She has one brother named Lucas but he would be out of Hogwarts if he moved here. Turns out her parents didn't even come to England with her. They hated the fact that she wanted to come to Hogwarts.

"why exactly did you want to come here?" Ron asked with a mouth full of potatoes.

She laughed at his silly expression but continued. "I heard about the war here. It was big news in The U.S. I saw how well everyone was prepared for this war. Everyone knew all these fancy advanced spells and you were all so determined. So I looked up the school. I read this book called 'Hogwarts a history'. Have you heard of it? Well then I realized that

Hogwarts really teaches you. You do live action spells and potions and interactive things. At my old school, we didn't learn like that. We learned out of books. We very rarely were aloud to actually use magic. It was all theory. I hated it. Too bad I didn't find the school earlier. "

I tried blocking out her voice for the rest of the feast. I put all my focus on Ron's hand which was placed on my knee. He would subconsciously rub it or squeeze it. Then he'd look at me and give me a smile.

By the time we were heading to the Gryffindor common room, I was so sick of Hayden that I was bound to punch her at anytime. UhBut I would obviously never mention that. I have a reputation to hold.

"oh! Moving stair cases! I've read about these." Hayden exclaimed as the stair case we were just on moved. When we reached the fat lady we got stuck behind a bunch of first years. The prefects were telling them the password and all the rules about the common room.

Hayden stood on her tiptoes to see the prefects. She tripped over her own feet and fell straight onto Ron. He caught her by the waist and set her up straight.

"oh I'm so sorry, Ron. I'm so clumsy sometimes."

"no it's okay." Ron said a bit awkwardly. Hayden huffed. I guess her little plan didn't work out so well. Did she really think that acting dumb was going to get her anywhere? Alright I guess it worked for Lavender but that was only to make me jealous.

I deliberately took Ron's hand and laced our fingers together for Hayden to watch. She looked at our hands enviously and gave me a dirty look.

Finally we were able to walk into the common room. The boys went up to their rooms to unpack and I went with Ginny and Hayden up to our room to do the same.

"I read that boys can't come up these stairs because it will turn into a slide! Is that true?" Hayden asked. Frankly I was getting sick of her questions. I ignored her and let Ginny answer.

"yeah it was but after the war, when everything was destroyed, they rebuilt it. I don't think that rule still applies."

"damn, I really wanted to see that."