Rain Keeps Falling

Dark grey clouds overthrew the sun, rain spat down pathetically on the tiny town of Valentine and the powerful black horse hooves of Arthurs horse galloped through puddles, bringing you and Arthur home safe. You didn't say anything on the way home, you just sat with your arms woven tightly with Arthurs, watching the rain fall down, some landed on your soft skin, others missed you and landed on Arthur's leather hat. By the time you arrived home your hair was soaked through, but it didn't stop you from going straight to bed. Blocking out everyone and everything, you didn't have time for gossip or moaning, you had something else on your mind. You stormed into your tent and tied the door shut behind you and collapsed onto the floor. All of your emotions coming out at once: painful heart break, paralysing fear, roaring anger and mindless confusion. Why people would ever do this was beyond you. You grabbed your pillow violently and forced it onto your face so nobody could hear your pain. After a few minutes you relieved the pillow and stared at the top of your tent blankly. "I will get my revenge and it won't be a pretty sight for them when I do." You said out loud to yourself.

Arthur's POV:

Watching y/n storm into her tent like that hurt me, that girls got fire though I'll give her that. Most people would have just broke and given up there and then, but it just made her determined. She wants revenge, but we can't let her go and do something stupid. We all want revenge on those O'Driscolls and one day we will get it. I'll have to tell Dutch, he'll want to know about this. I sigh and head towards Dutch's tent, my muddy boots squelch in the wet earth below me with each footstep, the rain was coming down much angrier now. I step into Dutch's tent, the patter of rain hitting the plastic above me roared. Dutch looks up at me from his book and I speak "I'm going to get Micah out, then we get those darn O'Driscolls...."

Back to original POV:

You're still staring at your fabric ceiling, your tears have now dried, but your head is banging from crying for so long. Your heart ached for revenge, you were blood thirsty, but could have nothing to drink, at least not for awhile. You knew it was important not to rush into anything. You knew a lot about pick-pocketing and manipulation, but not the first thing about how to handle a gun. Your dad used to keep one shot gun under his bed at the farm, he loved that farm with all of his heart and would do anything to protect it, he was so honoured when his father before him handed it down, if he could see it now he'd be broken. You picked up manipulation tips from haggling down at the markets and pick-pocketing is what got you in trouble with these O'Driscolls in the first place. They never saw you do it though, they only worked out it was you hours after you left. They may have many men, but they're slow. Making them easy targets for the likes of you.