A Life Well Lived

The silent drum of rain pattered down around you. Wind threw branches from the tallest point of the trees into one another as led balls sat heavily in your stomach. Sean Macguire lay dead in his grave before you. Staring at his place of rest with the rest of the gang created a melancholy cloud. Your brain flickered through all the memories you held with Sean.

Do you not love me back miss y/n?

Your heart a sinking ship in your chest. Your throat scratched as you whispered under your breath "I do love you Sean."
"He knows." A whisper replied. Confusion and shock slapped you. Your gaze moved up as you realised Arthur had been cradling you this entire time. "Trust me, he knows."
You squeezed Arthur in response. His arms acted as walls. Walls so tall and strong that the most destructive of war tanks wouldn't make a scratch. Your view moved to Karen, who had her head buried in Mary-Beth's chest and has her nails digging into the palms of her hands in anger. The pain and destruction the O'Driscolls caused had spread like a wild fire. Burning life around you as you know it. Flames. Agony. Sorrow. And death.
Everyone held rain covered bottles of beer with shaking hands. It had been your idea, after all everyone knew Sean loved his beer and would of hated for you all to be gathered there like that without a glass.
"He always felt like an annoying little brother to me." Confessed Arthur
"Bless him, do you want to say anything, Arthur?" You asked consolingly
"No, I've never been good with words. Do you?" He replied
"Actually, I think I do."
You stepped forwards to Where Sean lay beneath the drenched soil. The gangs eyes fell on you, including Karen's bloodshot ones. She nodded at you, as if encouraging you to speak. You gripped your bottle to sooth you.
"Sean Macguire. My best friend truth to be told. I remember when I first met Sean, he was stood on a wooden crate intoxicated out of his mind. Still, drunk as he was, he made me feel more welcomed than I had in a very long time. It's clear as day how much he meant to us all, the gang will never be the same without him.... It goes without saying that he would never want to feel upset even for one second, but I never was one to listen to peoples rules.... He always walked around camp with the cheekiest of smiles on his face and would never fail to make us laugh until our insides ached...." You inhaled deeply reminiscing on all his jokes. Taking a moment before you spoke again, you raised your glass in the air. "To Sean Macguire, the worlds best friend" you yelled loudly and the gang cheered and clinked their glasses together before you all took a big gulp.

Music explored the camp as your friends danced and laughed. Celebrating a life well lived. You sat at the table, still held in Arthurs arms with Charles, Dutch and Mary-Beth laughing about all the funny memories you all held with Sean. The Melancholy cloud that once haunted the camp had been pushed away. You gazed off into the stars, smiling to yourself you thought that maybe, everything will be okay. Maybe the fire was beginning to be put out. Maybe Arthur wasn't going to ever leave you. Maybe, just maybe everything - everyone was going to be alright. Your vision faded and with that thought you drifted off to sleep in your soulmates arms. Listening to his heartbeat until the land of dreams took you away.

You jolted awake to desperate cries

"THEY'VE TAKEN JACK!"