All x Deaf reader Part 3

Requested by @Official_Mad

Title: Silence Part 3

(Y/n) was comfortable with the silence she'd grown to be used to. Besides, it's not like it was complete silence anyways. There were little vibrations that she felt and other things that let her know that she wasn't dead- yet. Sure, sometimes she wished she could hear Mikey's giggling or Leo's voice trying to match that of Captain Ryan on the t.v., but it wasn't the end of the world. She enjoyed the silence in the mornings- telling her nothing was wrong and that the rest of her day was going to be okay.

Even if it wasn't after that- at least she didn't have to hear people's words tearing each other apart from the inside out.

That's why when she woke up one day and could suddenly hear Mikey screaming as he ran from Raph, she lost her mind.

"Yeah, guys! I'm serious- I did it." Donnie waved the boys into his lab and shut the door behind him, leaving (y/n) in the kitchen as she played with Ice-Cream Kitty on the counter.

"Oh, come on, Donnie. We all know (y/n) is-" Raph started, but was cut off by his brother pulling out a tiny black pin and holding it out. Raph faltered and Leo raised a finger and pointed to the thing, hesitantly.

"Donnie, what is that thing?" Donnie let out a huge grin and held up out proudly, holding Mikey away with his other hand as he tried to grab it.

"I'm so glad you asked! It's for (y/n)! You see, a deaf person does not have a functioning inner ear, like (y/n) for example. She has lost most of her hearing, but some still lingers, which is good- because otherwise, my plan would've been a lot harder to put together." Donnie muttered as he brought the pin down and stared at it with a critical eye. "Anyways, an aid replaces the function of the inner ear by turning sound into electrical energy. The energy stimulates the cochlear nerve, thereby sending sound signals to the brain! This will be doing exactly that but better!" Donnie was giggling by the time he finished talking, holding his pin to the sky like it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. His brothers just exchanged a glance and shrugged at their nerd.

"Uh, Donnie? Not everyone here is a rocket scientist." Leo stepped forward and gestured to Raph and Mikey beside him.

"Yeah, so dumb it down a little, would you? Mikey's a little slow." Raph grinned, leaning back to look at his younger brother, who just glared at him with a groan.

"Oh, right. I put earpiece in (y/n)'s ear and then she can hear!" Donnie said slowly and exasperatingly, as if he were talking to toddlers. Leo and Raph glared at him, but Mikey's eyes lit up as he continued to stare at the almost unnoticeable pin in Donnie's fingers.

(Y/n) would be able to hear.

"How do we even do this? We can't just go up to her and ask to see her ear." Raph grumbled as they made their way out of the lab, looking around for (y/n), who was still in the kitchen.

"Well, Raph, you undermine my genius- because that's exactly what we're going to do." Donnie crossed his arms as Leo and Mikey tilted their heads, staring between the two with confused blue eyes.

"You're serious?" Raph said incredulously after a staring match with his tallest brother, who just pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes as he shrugged and walked over to (y/n), who was leaving the kitchen with a glass of milk in hand. Walking past his brothers, Donnie turned and lifted his arms out- as if asking for a hug- and made a face like he were saying, "watch and learn".

After some crude sign language and lip reading, Donnie and (y/n) made their way past the other three turtles and into Donnie's lab. As Donnie shut the door behind them, he stuck his tongue out and laughed at the angry face Raph was making.