Maple Snow

??? Pov:

I had just finished out running the local wildlife due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time... now in the middle of a clearing surrounded by trees.

"Huh... i-it's snowing..."

My throat was dry. as I fell to my knees my body was weak due to not getting much sleep the night before... and the added running didn't help.

"You aren't looking to good."

I heard a small chuckle from the trees. A man stepped out from the shadows they cast.

"What's your name? You know what, we should probably get somewhere better before then."

He walked up to me before getting me back on my feet. We walked all the way to a weird looking house in the woods. Trees circling it although being very far from it. Nothing like this was on any maps I've seen.

"Call me graystillplays, or gray for short."

I got a vibe from him... quite a confusing one, not quite bad but definitely not the best.

"Do you like coffee? Or any other drink of course."

"Coffee or tea would be fine..."

I could only mumble it out but he still heard and started boiling water.

"What made someone that looks like a Canadian Bob Ross get so exhausted."

"My name is actually Tim Horton... and I was running due to someone making the wildlife mad. I managed to save them but had to start running for my life otherwise I probably wouldn't be here now."

He stared at me before walking over and giving me a cup of tea.

"I want to make you a deal. My previous... acquaintances all left, except for one. I want you to join me and a few others in a far away land. You will become immortal if you do decide to join. Don't ask me how I have this ability, because I won't tell you."

I had to think this out... immortality is great and all! But I will watch others grow old and die while I remain alive and young.

"I can sense your hesitance... don't worry. The other people I will have joining us are going to also be immortal!"

"You have yourself a deal Gray."