Epilogue

One month later

One month later...

Cassian

"Penelope!" I call over my shoulder. "Hurry! Jake and Gemma are calling soon."

"Just a second!" Pen calls from the bathroom.

I glance over my shoulder, catching her reflection in the mirror. The bathroom door is open, making it easy to see. She's wearing her purple bikini and is just pulling her swimsuit cover overtop.

Looking away, I draw my bottom lip between my teeth and focus on the blank screen of my iPad. Jake and Gemma will call any second now. It's giving me a sense of deja vu. This time, Pen and I are somewhere tropical. Jake and Gemma are freezing their asses off in Vancouver Island's damp cold. When Jake and Gemma were on their honeymoon, we were in West Kelowna. It wasn't cold.

Feeling smug, I lean back against the pillows and cross my arms. Skipping out on shitty weather...

"What are you grinning about?" Pen asks.

My head falls as I glance to the side. Pen's swimsuit coverup is white and sheer. I can see the outline of her bikini. The urge to bite my knuckle is strong. After four days of laying on the beach and drinking ice-cold Coronas, Pen's rocking a summer tan. Her hair falls mid-back and is curled with beach waves from the saltwater. I'm glad I convinced her to come to Mexico with me.  I'm glad Patrick helped me convince her. There's nothing better than taking a vacation with the woman you love.

Uncrossing my arms, I tuck them behind my head. "Jake and Gemma are suffering through winter while we're here in the sunshine."

Pen gives me a look. "Jake and Gemma would've come. The only problem is Gemma can't travel. She's due in March. Besides..."

She trails off and wanders to the French doors. White curtains billow with the tropical breeze. She pulls back one curtain. Our rental place has direct access to the beach, giving us a prime view of palm trees and ocean. On the horizon, a storm is brewing. Instead of seeing endless sky and ocean, dark, menacing clouds are there. There will be a wicked thunderstorm later.

My gaze flicks to Penelope. Her feet are bare, showing the coral-pink pedicure she got before we left. Her cheeks are pink from sun exposure. She looks like a beach bum. A sexy beach bum. Hell, I bet if I were to saunter over there and kiss her neck, she'd smell like coconut tanning oil. Her lips would taste like Sun Bum's banana-flavoured lip balm. She uses that shit constantly.

Penelope gestures to the view. "This weather will not last long. We're in a for a wicked storm, Cassian."

"Jake won't know that," I wink.

She releases her grip on the white curtain. It goes back to billowing in the tropical breeze. Turning to face me, she cocks an eyebrow. "Guaranteed Jake is monitoring the weather cam here. The first day we were here, you took Jake on a digital tour to rub it in."