Key in the Ignition

Ranboo got to the track early the next week, his stuff slung in an old leather satchel over his shoulder and across his chest. He was dressed a bit fancier for this place, or at least edgier for the atmosphere. Hell, even Tubbo went a little bit extra, swapping out his normal t-shirts and jeans for a mostly open dark green button up over a black t-shirt with a ripped hem and goggles.

So, he went for a similar outfit to what he wore to the pizza parlor. But he actually liked dressing like that, so it was nice, though when he got there Tommy claimed he was dressed like an e-boy.

"Ranboo! You made it!" Tubbo grinned happily.

"Well I promised Sam I'd help and we're friends right?" He mumbled, though he heard Tommy's scoff. Ranboo scratched the back of his neck before he saw Sam opening the hood of one of the cars that were out on the track.

"I gotta go help out Sam, I'll see you guys during the race!" Ranboo said, waving goodbye before running over there, pulling on his own gloves.

"Ranboo! Do you think you can check out Dream's car? It's the green one with the smiley faces." He explained as he checked out what he assumed was Sapnap's car, with angry red flames on the side. Seemed fitting.

"Oh, yeah!" He said, popping the hood. Everything seemed okay as he carefully looked around. As he worked, a person approached, Sapnap he realized. He was mumbling something under his breath as he closed the hood.

"Somethin' up Sapnap?" Sam asked, looking up, pushing his goggles up on his head.

"George got sick, not sure if Dream's gonna be able to ride without a co-pilot." He said, wringing out his hands.

"I still don't see why you're doing this, you know Dream can beat you."

"I know that Sam, but Dream's the best racer here, along with Techno and Tech won't race me. I just wanna see how fast Blaze has gotten." Sam sighed, tightening something in the hood.

"I can't believe you named your damn car." Sapnap scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Sure, sure. Whatever. Ranboo! You came!" He grinned. Ranboo nodded, pulling his hair in front of his eyes.

"Well Dream might have to find a new co-pilot. Wil could do it, he's here." Sapnap shrugged.

"You know how choosey Dream is. He respects Wilbur but I dunno if there's that level of respect." Sapnap sighed, crossing his arms and tapping his foot.

"Well the race has to start soon and Dream isn't here to pick up his own damn car." He muttered.

"I can go and try to find him if you want." Sam offered. Sapnap looked at him.

"You sure man?" Sam nodded, glancing at Ranboo.

"Can you handle this Ranboo?" The boy nodded.

"Yeah I can do this." He said, moving over to Sapnap's car, Blaze. Sapnap watched him critically, occasionally offering assistance because he had some level of shop experience. Sam ran off to to find Dream.

"So what's Dream like?" Ranboo asked as he rolled up his sleeves and took off his glasses, tucking them into his pocket.

"Dream's Dream." Sapnap chuckled, "Super intense about things he likes but he's really well-meaning. Kindest fucker ever if you're in his good graces. Glad we're friends, he wouldn't be a fun enemy to have."

Ranboo nodded, his hair continuously falling in front of his face.

"Here." Sapnap said, tapping him on his shoulder and offering him a black headband. "Used to wear this before I got this. Helps keep my hair out of my face." Ranboo accepted it gratefully before finishing out his inspection, closing the hood and giving a thumbs up.