Crashed Cars

Wilbur grinned at Technoblade, leaning out of the open car window.

"I'll be back soon Tech, thanks for letting me borrow your car!" Techno snorted, crossing his arms.

"It could hardly be considered borrowing, it was more like peer pressured me into letting you borrow it." Wilbur shrugged, glancing back towards the dashboard.

"I mean, she's our car." He said.

"'She?'" Technoblade questioned. "I think you've spent to much time racing, Wilbur." The brunette snorted, leaning back in the front seat.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I won't fuck up the car. You'll be good, Techno?" Techno rolled his eyes, shrugging.

"Okay, Wilbur. Be careful." He said, stepping away. Wilbur just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I'll be fine, Wilbur. You worry too much." He said, before beginning to drive away. Techno watched him drive away, putting his hands in his pockets. He called Phil to drive him home, laughing and smiling with the blonde.

Wilbur needed to go out of town for a few days, and since their shared car was Wilbur's only car, he got car priority.

Floof was happily waiting at the door when Techno was there, barking, probably for food. For being such a tiny pup, he had a big apatite.

"Hey Floof!" Techno grinned, picking up the puffball and walking over to his empty food dish. "Time for lunch, buddy?" Floof sneezed, which he took as a yes. "Okay Floof, food time."

He poured out the pellets into the dish before making himself something to eat. He began to cook cheese wedged between sourdough bread on the stovetop. Grilled cheese sounded good right about now. And Techno could make a killer grilled cheese.

Techno liked eating food with others, he didn't quite get it. It just made food special, somehow. But since he didn't like talking to others over meals, he tended to line up when he ate with when Floof ate.

He grinned, looking out one of the large windows that looked down onto the park across the street. If there was one thing that he did like about racing, it's that he got enough money to get a nice apartment.

***

Technoblade would consider himself a very heavy sleeper, that is when he did sleep. He could go for eight days straight awake and then pass out for another day. Phil called it 'not healthy' but Techno was alive. Therefore, he was healthy.

That's why Techno was being shaken awake, since nothing, not an alarm clock, not even Floof, could wake him up.

He blinked his eyes groggily, seeing Phil looking down on him, panic in his eyes. He didn't say anything but two words.

"It's Wilbur."

Techno didn't think. He just pulled on sweatpants and his jacket and went running out the door with Phil, hopping into the latter's car.

"What happened to him?" He demanded as Phil kept his eyes locked on the road.

"He got into a car crash, I think. DUI, but I don't think it was him." Techno narrowed his eyes, glaring out the window. He needed to know that Wilbur would be fine. He had to be fine.

When they got to the hospital, Phil went looking for him while Techno was more content to wait patiently. Eventually they were both taken to where Wilbur was. He had a broken arm and his face was cut up by glass.

"When will he be able to leave?" Techno asked, knowing that Tommy wasn't great about taking care of himself, since it was usually only him and Wilbur home. The nurse didn't talk, but his brow was furrowed in concentration, thinking. He went to go get someone else, another nurse, to tell him.