New Hair, Same Bitch

Technoblade came back home two days after Tommy's race, acting completely the same. This was the routine from months ago that came back to haunt him. He steeled his nerves as he pulled into Sam's repair shop, parking in the dirt outside the actual building. He saw the green-haired mechanic walking out from the garage, his sleeves rolled up, the old overalls he was wearing stained and worn.

"So you're back." Sam said, crossing his arms. Techno nodded, wringing his hands.

"What're you gonna to do my car, Sam?" Sam grinned and shrugged.

"Nothing's been decided yet. We'll settle everything this evening, I was thinking of having a picnic out here when you came back. I'll text Tommy you're back. Give you a head start." Techno sighed, looking off towards nothing, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I don't want a head start. I deserve this." He mumbled. Sam put a hand on his shoulder, clicking his tongue.

"Techno I know why you left. You don't deserve any of this. Tommy gets it, but he's still pissed that he didn't get even a text message." Grimacing, Techno nodded in agreement. That was somewhat fucked.

"Well, I'm gonna go pick up Floof." He said, getting back into his car. Sam nodded, waving him off.

"Good luck Techno!" The mechanic called, very unhelpfully as Techno drove towards his execution.

When he got to his apartment it was unlocked. Floof quickly ran up to greet him, the little dog yapping up at him excitedly. He picked up the puffball, looking over to Phil sitting on the couch.

"You good Techno?" The blonde asked, his hair tied back in a ponytail. He shrugged, sitting beside Phil.

"Eh. I'm better. How likely am I to be killed by Tommy?" Phil laughed, throwing his head back. Techno glared as he wiped his tears, still laughing. "I really don't want to die, Phil!"

"I'd  give you a fifty percent survival rate, Techno."

"Only fifty percent? Thought it'd be lower." Phil shrugged.

"I think Tommy's in a forgiving mood." He said, patting Techno on the shoulder. Techno sighed, feeling very thankful that he wouldn't be strung up anywhere, hopefully.

They ended up hanging out at Techno's apartment for a while, Phil filling him in on Tommy and Tubbo's race. Techno was very proud of them for winning their first race.

"If they win their first race, then they're going to go far." He had said confidently, but mostly in hopes to clear his conscious and put out some good karma in the universe. Technoblade was fairly certain that he might not have all his teeth when he went to the picnic.

Techno drove himself, Phil and Floof over to the picnic, Floof could use some exercise and some socialization. There were cars parked down the street and he could smell barbecue from down the street. He pulled his car into the front area of the wide dirt area outside of the mechanic shop. People were running around, some grilling while others were playing games. It was only May, but it was a bit hot out. Tommy was shooting Wilbur with Nerf darts while his brother tried desperately to avoid getting hit.

"Phil! Techno! You made it!" Niki said happily, waving them over. Tommy looked over to them, before running over and shooting Techno repeatedly.

"You are the worst!" He yelled angrily, gathering up the Nerf darts he'd lost. "I can't believe you would just leave!" Tommy continued to shoot at Techno, who was trying his best to avoid the darts.

"We got the final votes for what your hair's gonna be dyed as!" Wilbur said, "Gonna do the final vote soon!" Technoblade sighed.

"Do I even get to see the finalist for colors?" Wilbur shook his head.