A Need For Speed

Wilbur had insisted to Techno on not telling anyone that he might retire, just so he didn't let Tommy down. He loved his brother to high heavens and Techno couldn't understand it at all. But with Wilbur never saying he was retired, at least temporarily, that brought up a problem.

Techno wanted to race.

He was itching for it, in fact. Not for the money, but for the glory. The cheering people, the defeated look on his opponent's face. The high. He wanted to just go driving, to challenge someone to a race, or to be able to accept other people's challenges. But he couldn't, not only because Wilbur was in recovery, but because there was no one else who Techno thought could mesh well with him.

He needed something to do, so that's why he went over to Sam's place, to check up on how his new car was doing. It was near identical to his old car, Techno was a creature of habit and didn't like change, but it was more pink and black. Pink is a manly color, shut up.

Techno sat on one of the old leather stools, watching Tubbo and Tommy have a shoot off, with Nerf guns of course. They eventually switched tactics to just pelting Ranboo, though.

"Techno! Techno help me!" Ranboo yelped as he hid behind the newly pink-haired man. Techno sighed, but nodded.

"Hold on, hold on! Truce for a minute!" He yelled, holding his hands up. They did not stop.

"Wait I think I have an idea." Sam called. That made Tubbo and Tommy stop their assault. "How about you four play capture the flag outside so you don't continue to shoot me when I work."

"Sure!" Tubbo said quickly. Tommy glared at his friend, but nodded.

"I guess." He mumbled. Techno sighed, going to retrieve the other Nerf guns. Sam handed each of them a flag, Techno quickly recognizing as Eret's flags. He didn't know they stored them with Sam. Ranboo took the rainbow flag while Tommy grabbed the black and white checkered flag.

They stashed their flags on either end of the dirt area in front of Sam's shop. Techno crouched down behind some tires they'd rolled out as defenses.

"Okay, I think I have a solid idea. I'll rush them, they'll be too distracted. You creep around the other side and steal their flag. I'll cover you." Ranboo nodded, grinning.

"Let's do this then!" He said happily. Techno nodded, appreciating Ranboo's enthusiasm.

"Okay! Three! Two! One! Go!" Sam called. Techno vaulted over the tire defenses, running and gunning his way towards their stronghold while Tubbo and Tommy screamed, shooting at him. Techno dropped behind a propped up tire, firing at them while he saw Ranboo sneak around.

He ran out from the tire firing as Ranboo practically appeared behind them. Tommy and Tubbo were screaming but Techno was able to retrieve their flag and he started running while Ranboo covered him. He heard Ranboo land heavy on the ground with a yelp, and the thunder of footsteps and Techno ran.

"Go on without me!" Ranboo cried as Techno leapt over the final wall of tires, faceplanting on the dirt.

"VICTORY!" He yelled, dust covering his clothes.

"NO YOU BITCH YOU CHEATED!" Tommy yelled, running up to Techno, shooting at him.

"Hey stop that! We won fair and square!" Techno shot back.

"You good Ranboo?" He could hear Tubbo asked. Techno peeled himself up from the ground, looking over their battlements, grinning as Tubbo helped Ranboo back to his feet.

"I'm fine, I'm fine! That was really fun!" He grinned.

"Well you're a worthy opponent." Tubbo smiled back. Ranboo shrugged, looking over at Techno.