The Power Of Music

Hi im Nico and I would like to share a story with y'all, my story of kpop.

I'll be 16 years old on the 27th of july, and i got into kpop when i was 11. My ex introduced me to bts with "Not Today" and "Blood Sweat and Tears", but it took me 2 months before i watched the mvs.

I would just play them on my school laptop by downloading them. He also showed me blackpinks boombayah but i didn’t listen to them until a few months after.

During that time i had only liked BTS, Got7, and Blackpink, but around october 2017 i started branching out. I had tried to take my life in 2018 after being assaulted 3 different times but honestly as I was sitting there I thought about all the BTS, Gidle, Straykids, Blackpink, Redvelvet, and Monsta X comebacks i would miss, and that prompted me to tell my mom and i was taken to the hospital.

I listen to a lot of groups but in 2019 I found Dreamcatcher and fell in love with them, same with Ateez only a year afterwards...

I ended up having my kitten then my dog pass away a month after eachother and went on a downward spiral, i attempted again while i was disassociating out of it (honestly this sounds dumb) but some songs i hold dear to my heart came on and snapped me out of it.

Once again kpop saved my life. no matter what group I love now and love in the future, I will hold the groups very close to my heart. I hope to learn korean and one day visit korea, or even go to a concert by one of my favs. but until then I will support them from where I am by streaming and buying albums/merch.

Thank you for letting me share my story<3