Chapter - 2

Sid POV:-

"Why can't you understand mom ..... ?????
All of them want to be with me just for money !!!!!!"

I shouted . From the moment she had come home we are in a heated conversation while dad is seated on the couch with the headphones plugged in his ears after his announcement  "I m not a part of this conversation " reading his newspaper .

"Sidharthhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Mom broke the trance of my thoughts. 

"So ...so what if they all r with you for money ....??? Will uh stay single for ur whole life? " Mom questioned me while I gave her an irritated look .

"Look mom here now I m fed up from all this  ... pls from the next time dont set my date with any of the random girl .... and if uh do I won't go then ... I will find  a girl for me by myself .... "

Saying so , I moved upstairs while my mom shouted from behind .

"Yeah yeah ...uh r finding a girl for yourself from past 2 years ... but still you havent found one ... let's see what uh do now "

"Mom pllsssssss " I shouted back and moved inside the room closing the door with a thud.

I seated myself on the chair and picked up my tab scrolling down the profiles on shaadivivah.com.
Just then, my eyes fell on the profile given in the suggestions .
There was no bio data , no profile but still it was shown in my suggestions . I clicked on the I'd and the name read

"Saniya "

I heard the knock on the door
"Come in ...." I said . I thought it might be Pooja,  our maid as it was the time for me to have coffee but to my surprise it was dad .

"Hey !!!! Sidharth ... may I come .... if uh r free ?"

Dad asked me .

"Offcourse dad "

Dad came and seated himself beside me on the couch .
We were looking at each other and there was an awkward silence spread inside the room so I thought of coming up with something but before I could speak , Dad spoke .

"Beta .... your mom is right in her place.."

"I knw dad "  I replied immediately .

"I knw that uh understand that's why uh go and meet any random girl ur mother selects for uh " He laughed as he said while too gave a wide smile .

"Sidharth I think it's high time now .... you are 35 .... uh should get married ... look around kid... there must be some girl sent by god who would tolerate you "

"Daaaaaddddddd" I said rolling my eyes but dad chuckled and started laughing and then I too joined him .

"I just hope that uh wont mind ur mother's words ...she just says them because shes worried for you ...she just expects one thing from uh and that is that you would settle down in your life... get married and have children "

"I knw dad ...and I swear ... Honestly , I never felt bad "

"Yes...because you are my son .... "  He kept his hand on my hairs and caressed them slowly.