Chapter 56

-June 2021-
-A couple hours after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

"Because it's the truth! You always told me to hide my feelings because it wasn't manly and that really hurt me while I was growing up. I made that post, like, a month ago." I heard. Did I fall asleep in a bathroom? Yes. I spent the whole night in it and my back was sore. "Dad, I don't know about emotions, you forced me to hide them!" Josh argued. 

Once we had a talk about that. We had this fight and his eyes started to water, then he got on defense about it. A while later he revealed that his dad always told him he wasn't allowed to cry because he had to grow up and be a man, which broke my heart.

I hesitated about walking out, but I wasn't going to stay in a bathroom forever, I had to come out it eventually. I went to the kitchen and drank some water, trying not to make any noise. I walked into the living room and got scared when I felt something fluffy on my foot, then I realized it was just Taylor; I could get used to calling her Taylor.

I sat down and started playing with her, gushing over how tiny she was. I looked for her food and looked at the instructions for how to feed her. I heard her meows increase when the kibbles hit the bowl and made a clicking sound, then she started climbing on me. I laughed to myself and untied her claws out of my sweats, putting her bowl of food on the ground. She literally jumped on her food and started eating in the bowl. She was going to grow out of it eventually.

"Yeah, I have to go." Josh walked out of his bedroom, hanging up the call. "Oh, hey." He looked down at me. He was a mess, with his hair all over the place and his face showing off stress. "I'm sorry for yesterday, I got caught up with everything and I put all my anger on you." He confessed, avoiding my eyes. I nodded, walking over to him to kiss him good morning. 

We sat on the couch and watched Twilight, while I cuddled Taylor. I liked that he knew well enough that I didn't feel like talking. He just side-hugged me and stayed quiet, moving on from what had happened yesterday.

"This part is good. This is when Bella..." I looked over at him, but noticed his focus was somewhere else, although he was looking at the screen. "Josh, are you okay?" I asked, quietly. 

"Hm?" He immediately turned to me. "You were, um, saying something, uh, about the Howard guy? What's his name?" He questioned.

"No, I asked if you were okay." I noted. He nodded, pursing his lips.

"Yeah, I'm... fine." He brittled, turning to look at the window. I tugged on his chin, so he could look back at me. 

"You know it's okay to cry, right?" I assured him, rubbing his cheek. "You can do it if you need to."

"Mhm." He glared at the ground. "Yeah, I know that." He pondered, with his voice low and breathy. I opened my arms, and he slowly found his way into them.

"What's the matter?" I asked, fondling my hand up and down his back. I heard him crying and I could only hold him tighter. I'd never seen him cry this hard.

"Liv, I'm scared." He sobbed.

"Of what?" I caressed his hair, concerned.

"That one of these days you're going to pass out and not wake up again. I'm scared that you'll get sick and I won't get to tell you how much I love you until we grow old, and we won't get to tell our kids amazing stories about our music tours. I don't want to see you like this anymore. I want you to be happy and enjoy everything but I can't find an answer to that." He wailed. "I'm sorry." 

I looked for something to cheer him up, but I knew the only thing that could was something I didn't want to do. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a spoon

"Here." I handed him the spoon. He wiped his tears away, and looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I bent down to kiss him again because he simply looked that hurt. I walked over to the fridge and took the ice cream, ignoring the amount of calories it contained. I made my way back with the box, and snuggled on his side. I got a spoonful and fought to put it in my mouth, trying not to think about anything other than the smile that was growing on his face. I just had to eat something. Simple.

"You really did that, or am I dreaming?" He asked.

"I did it." I grinned. He pulled me on top of his lap and started peppering me with kisses all over my face.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I'm really proud of you, beautiful, princess, sweetheart, angel, baby, love of my life, prettiest girl in the planet, cinnamon roll, lover. I love you. I love you. I love you-" He gushed.

"Babe!" I giggled. He unexpectedly hugged me. 

"Thank you." He sighed in satisfaction. 

"Anything for you." I kissed his neck. "Can you pay attention to the movie, though?" I laughed, pulling away. He nodded, letting me sit back down at his side, smiling like an idiot. 

"Where's my spoon?" He pouted.

"One spoon for two." I smirked. He rolled his eyes and laughed, watching me eat another spoonful. "It's really good." I laughed, missing the taste of sugar.

"Can I taste?" He asked. I nodded handing him the spoon. Out of the blue, he brought my lips up to his. "You're right, it is good." He chuckled, pulling away a couple seconds later.

"Why? Just, why?" I asked, blushing. Throughout the movie he kept on doing that. I offered to get him a spoon, but he denied because he said he liked it better that way, so I just let him get away with it since I wanted him to feel happy, although, I didn't really feel comfortable.