Chapter 59

-July 2021-

Josh's POV:

So, it's been three days and I didn't have the courage to call her. Though, she called me a few times, and we talked, but I didn't bring up the Adam's Face, or whatever his name is, because it didn't feel right to talk it over FaceTime. She was coming back to New York in a few hours, so I had a chance to talk to her. 

I was sitting in the airport, waiting for her. Surprisingly, no fans noticed me, but I was wearing a cap to blend in with the crowd.

"Don't do anything stupid." Matt reminded me, over the phone.

"Yes, I got that." I laughed.

"No, you haven't. When it comes to Joshua Bassett every stupid thing is possible." He rolled his eyes.

"Wait, she's coming, I'll call you- She's with him." I hesitated.

"Wait a second, think about what you're going to do firs-" He calmed me down.

"I'll call you later." I hung up. I smiled and walked to where Liv was, bringing her up to my lips. "Hey, babe." I grinned, claiming what was mine. 

"We're in public." She coughed. Really? They were in public when they were doing whatever it as they were doing.

No, calm. We're calm and this is a happy time.

"Yeah, sorry." I chuckled. That Faze dude was a little taller than me, but didn't even glance my way. Exactly, cause he wasn't supposed to be there, little piece of-

Calm. WE ARE CALM.

"Hey, Liv, the studio in New York is open. Anytime you want to hop in and sing one of your magnificent songs you're welcome to. We can start on your next album." Adam smiled. Calm and happy, Josh. That's what we are right now.

"Oh, okay, thank you." Liv beamed, going on her tiptoes to hug him.

"Hey, look! That guy has your merch." I pulled her so she couldn't hug him. She nodded, trying to find my eyes. I turned back around and splattered a smile. "Nice meeting you, umm..."

"Adam." The guy smirked.

"Right! Liv and I are going to go now." I chuckled. 

"Sure. Bye, Liv." He opened his arms. What's up with this dude and hugs? NOPE, we are calm. C.A.L.M. as in,

C-CAREFUL
A-ADAM,
L-LIV IS
M- MINE, NOT YOURS, SO GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER.

I waited a few agonizing seconds, then they pulled away, so Liv and I could walk away.

"In a scale from one to ten, how jealou-" She laughed.

"20." I spat out. 

"I love you." She cracked up. Don't talk about it here, wait until you're home.

"I'm sure you've seen the rumors going around with that guy and you." I started, walking towards my car. I just couldn't hold it any longer.

"Yeah, it's pretty funny." She laughed, sliding into the passenger side of the car, while I closed the trunk with her bag.

"Hmm." I nodded, starting the car. The ride was silent for half an hour, or so, but I couldn't keep in. "Why was he holding your waist?" I asked, while I waited for a traffic light to turn green.

"What?" She turned from her phone to me.

"Why did you let him hold your waist?" I questioned, with more angst. 

"Adam? Because he's basically my brother." She explained, showing no insincerity. "And I was cold. I've known him since I was six, we grew up together. I hadn't seen him in a long time, but he was promoted and he's my producer now." She added.