十六

even though it's going to collapse soona house made of cards, we're like idiots

a house made of cards, we're like idiots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the sound of raindrops softly hitting the windows of the dance studio were all naeun heard, as she was sprawled onto the cold wooden floor; as if she were a lifeless doll.

she was practicing alone tonight.

the harsh words jimin had said earlier that day repeated in her head like the melody of a painful memory she didn't want to think about. but, it just couldn't stop replaying in her mind.

she didn't want to admit it out loud, but it felt empty without jimin being in the studio with her. she's been dancing alone long enough to get used to it, but for some reason, practicing with jimin gave her something to look forward to than just practicing her next shining solo.

that's what she always has been, a shining solo. 
so why has the shining solo become so dim?

jimin is her enemy, her competition. although being her dance partner, he has more of a chance to outshine her than anyone else. 

perhaps, they had been too fair with one another. as jimin thought.

the moment they both shared their own personal secrets with one another changed their perspective of considering each other "the enemy".

naeun truly knows herself that she never shared jimin's situation to namjoon. however, while jimin was confronting her she simply couldn't even try to defend herself.

namjoon wasn't at school earlier either, so naeun couldn't even find him to ask him how he knew. she wasn't going to text him either, since they hadn't settled their dispute from the other day.

maybe, this is how it's supposed to be. jimin hating me, and me hating jimin. it's better this way, right?

or as naeun thought.

the more personal time they shared, the more they started to grow fond of one another, to the point where calling each other enemies were starting to become history.

it just...could never happen.

finally after what feels like hours of being stuck in her own thoughts on the floor, naeun sits up lazily, leaning on her palms.

she sighs out into the oblivion, running a hand through her long and tangled hair.

her hand drags over to her phone that was laying merely next to her the whole time, as she turns it on to look through a playlist of songs.

without really thinking, she picks a random piano rendition of a song she would listen to every now and then without paying much attention to the lyrics.

(play media)

the slow, bittersweet piano melody begins to fill her ears, slightly drowning out the sound of the rain outside.