十四

tell me, with your sweet smiletell me, like you're whispering in my ear

tell me, like you're whispering in my ear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after the two dancers finished practicing their duet for the competition, they collapsed onto the floor, breathing heavily in exhaustion.

"damn, our choreo better win." jimin says while panting. naeun lets out a snicker, "what makes you think we wouldn't?"

jimin turns his head to look at naeun, raising an eyebrow, before smirking knowingly. "the possibilities are always endless, sweetheart."

naeun lets out another snicker at the random nickname, and she turns to look at him as well. "what's with the nickname, park?"

she gasps dramatically, covering her mouth with one hand. "oh my god...don't tell me you have a crush on me?"

jimin rolls his eyes, looking back at the ceiling. "why would i like someone i consider my enemy?"

even though naeun was being sarcastic, she could tell jimin's expression was serious. she didn't want to make things awkward.

"whatever, you don't seem like the type to date anyway." 

jimin turns to her again, evidently taken aback by what she said, and seeing his expression causes naeun to subdue the urge to laugh.

"are you saying i'm not capable of making people like me? cmon, don't you remember how all the girls on the team were surrounding me when i first came?"

naeun begins laughing, but jimin continues. "oh yeah, and during practices they would secretly film me. everyone likes me,  sweetheart."

jimin rambles confidently, but naeun stops laughing when jimin calls her the nickname again. 

"park, stop giving me pet names, would ya? you sound like a fuckboy."

jimin chuckles, "i don't think i will, sweetheart."

naeun scoffs, as jimin sits his position. "the nickname isn't supposed to come off sweet, sweetheart." he says coyly, as naeun sits up alongside him.

"maybe, but the nickname makes me want to fan-kick your head off." naeun threatens playfully, mimicking a motion of kicking her leg up. jimin giggles, dodging her slightly.

"you have a sense of humor," he comments, before grinning. "who knew miss kim naeun, the most sassy girl to ever exist had a sense of humor?"

naeun pushes him shoulder playfully, "obviously. am i fucking robot?"

jimin laughs at that, and naeun laughs along with him. 

it was the first time the two really shared a laugh together. usually they would provoke or tease each other to anger, but the atmosphere was slightly different this time.