maybe it's the providence of the universeit just had to be that

it just had to be that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the speaker begins to softly play naeun's warm up playlist, as she begins to stretch under the dimmed lights of the dance studio.

every thursday and friday she'd book the studio up until 10PM, which was surprisingly, allowed at her school.

the school had two dance studios, and naeun so happened to always book the biggest one. she'd always be practicing pretty late, so no one else really came.

well, until now.

as naeun was stretched into her splits, her head spun to the door as it was suddenly barged open. her eyebrows raised in surprise.

"jimin-ssi?" she calls out his name, and he gasps dramatically gasps. "wow, the famous kim naeun remembers my name! i'm so honored!"

jimin laughs to himself, while naeun simply just rolls her eyes. "cut the crap, boy. you aren't even supposed to-"

"be here?" he cuts her off, chuckling after. "according to ms jang, i booked the studio for tonight. so therefore, i have every right to be here."

annoyed, naeun stands up from her splits, walking towards jimin. "well, last time i checked, i didn't see your name written on the paper outside."

jimin smiles smugly, "that's because i signed it after you left."

naeun narrows her eyes at jimin, before turning on her heel and walking away from him. "fine, but just know you'll be stuck with me."

she goes back to stretching, as jimin sets his belongings off to the side.

"so," jimin clears his throat, "do you always keep the lights dimmed when you're practicing in here?"

naeun holds her leg up, looking at jimin through the mirror. "yeah, but if you don't like it..." she pauses, releasing her leg. she plasters on a fake smile, "...that's too bad."

jimin chuckles, amused at the girl's attitude. "you're quite sassy, it's interesting."

he begins to walk up to stand not too far from naeun, and starts to warm up on his own. 

the two didn't think too bad, or good about practicing with each other. they only met a few hours ago, and now here they are, practicing alone in a dance studio late at night.

it was a bit weird, but they were both here for one thing. and it was to dance, of course.

"so, since you're new..." naeun speaks up. "what are you gonna practice? old choreographies?" she questions him.

jimin shrugs. "i was thinking of learning something new, you know..." their eyes meet through the mirror, as he smiles confidently. "....to show off."

naeun groans, "oh my god, when will you ever stop being cocky? for once?" she looks at him annoyingly. 

jimin laughs hysterically. "sorry not sorry."

a short pause came between them, until an idea came up into jimin's mind out of the blue. he stands up from the floor, walking over to his bag to fetch his phone.

"hey, since both of us are here..." he looks at naeun, as she raises an eyebrow. "wanna learn a duet i did back in busan?"

naeun's lips part, "why would you wanna do that?" 

jimin smirks. "it was fun, and i bet it'd be much more fun if i did it with a dancer like you." he winks at her, and she just scoffs, but couldn't help but smile."

"since that was a compliment, maybe a duet wouldn't be so bad."

_

naeun huffs out a breath, falling onto the floor. she was panting heavily, and jimin looks at her with confusion. "you're tired already? we haven't even ran through the entire thing yet."

she glares at him, "it's not that, you idiot!" she runs a hand through her hair, "do you always do sexy dances like this?"

she suddenly asks, and jimin raises her eyebrows, before smirking. "why? are you frustrated?" he laughs.

naeun scoffs, "ha, as if. don't think i didn't see your little buddy hanging out earlier." 

jimin frowns, suddenly avoiding eye contact with naeun. she laughs, punching his arm playfully. "i got you there, didn't i?"

she plops up from the floor, "alright!" she claps her hands together, startling jimin a bit. "let's run through the dance, shall we?"

jimin nods, a smile dancing onto his lips as the two get into their places. quickly, naeun presses play and the music begins.

the slow, but sexy tune starts to play, setting the mood. naeun smirks, watching jimin circle around her, before the begin to execute the moves.

she smiles, biting her lip when she places her hand on jimin's chest. 

the dance was quite sexy indeed, and since they were both very flexible dancers, body rolls were easy for them to do.

the dance, in fact, included a lot of that.

the two of them laugh together at their slight mistakes in between, the awkwardness from earlier flying out the window.

to their surprise, they were both already so comfortable around each other despite they only had just met. there was something about the two that made them click so easily.

what jimin didn't know, was that it was highly rare that naeun would be close to any boy, ever.
and what she didn't know, was that jimin was exactly the same.

they both execute the last move, before naeun wraps her arms around jimin's neck, for the ending pose.

the music ends, and their heavy breathing echoed around the room. however, naeun didn't let go of jimin just yet.

she pulls away slowly, their faces close to each other as they both stared into the other's eyes. their lips both spread into a smile.

"that was surprisingly...really fun." naeun admits, despite her disbelief. jimin lets out a hearty laugh at that.

"i guess ms jang was right, we really would make great duet partners."