7:

Chapter 7:

The car ride with Taehyung was tense to say the least. You sat rigid in your seat as Taehyung stared straight ahead, driving the car calmly. You were on your guard, clenching your fists stiffly in your lap. You knew in the back of your head that Taehyung wouldn't try to bite you or kill you for several reasons, the main one being he would be poisoned if he tried, but that alone didn't comfort your unease. He was still a predator. And he had yet to make you feel safe in his presence. He hadn't bothered to hide his hatred for you at all.

As you approached your apartment, the feeling of dread started to increase exponentially. You were dreading having to explain to your friends why you had to move out. More importantly, you were dreading having to lie to them. Not that they would believe you if you told the truth anyway.

Taehyung pulled into a parking spot close to your building and made to open the door. before he could open his door, you grabbed his arm suddenly, feeling a park of panic pass through you. Taehyung turned to give you a scathing glare. You cleared your throat.

"Can you let me go inside first?" You asked hopefully. Taehyung narrowed his eyes.

"Why?" He demanded. You swallowed and released his arm, facing front again.

"I just... I need to talk to my friends alone to try and explain what's happening." You said softly, trying to keep your hands from shaking. Taehyung settled back in his seat and continued to glare at the side of your head.

"You can't tell them the truth." He said tersely. You let out an annoyed huff.

"I know." You snapped. "I just... I'd rather do this alone." You added, a little softer. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Tough. I'm coming with you." He turned to open the door and you whipped your head around to glare at him.

"Please." You grabbed his shoulder. "I'll be fine in there, you can watch the door. I need to break this to them in private. They're my best friends and this is going to be really hard on all of us." You explained, hoping to get through to him. Taehyung glanced at you over his shoulder and rolled his eyes, unamused.

"Nice speech. I'm still coming with you, though." He deadpanned. You gaped at him as he opened the door and stepped outside, completely unbothered by your demands.

"Can't you have an ounce of compassion for one second?" You exclaimed, unbuckling your seatbelt. "I'm about to turn my life upside down and they are my family. I have to lie to my family, can't you let me do that on my own terms?"

Taehyung narrowed his eyes and leaned down from outside the door, one hand on the door and the other on the seat. You leaned back slightly out of pure instinct, even though he was a good foot and a half away from you.

"I don't know if you've been paying attention, so allow me to spell it out for you." He snarled, flashing his fangs. "I don't give a shit about your stupid feelings. My job is to keep you physically safe. Not to deal with your PMS. Now, get out of the car."

He slammed the door, making you flinch. You clenched your fists and gritted your teeth, trying to compose yourself. You pushed the car door open and shut it harshly, glaring at Taehyung, who was standing on the sidewalk. He was staring straight ahead, his eyes narrowed and his jaw locked. You marched in front of him, without looking to see if he was following or not. As you reached the entrance to your apartment building, your anger faded as the dread creeped back in. You took a deep breath, trying to control your emotions before opening the door and walking in.

"Y/N!" Almost immediately after stepping inside, arms were thrown around your neck and you nearly fell back from the force. You received a mouthful of Katie bushy brown hair as she gave you the biggest bear hug.