29:

Chapter 29:

Jungkook's jaw was tough against your palms as you kissed him passionately. You were sitting on the dresser and he was situated between your knees, so your face was just slightly higher than his. He had to tilt his head to meet your lips, but it worked for you because you could lean into him, drinking from him like his lips were dripping in honey. Your stomach kept flip flopping with each nip and graze of his tongue and teeth. He exhaled deeply, groaning into your mouth and you felt like you might pass out.

His hands shifted up your thighs to the ends of your shirt, pushing it up slightly so he could rest his hands on the bare skin of your waist. You shucked in a sharp breath as jolt of heat shot through you from the contact. You broke the kiss and closed your eyes, leaning your head back as he traveled his mouth down the front of your neck, sucking torturously at the sensitive skin of your neck and collarbone.

"I tried not to want you." Jungkook murmured against your skin. His voice reverberated through your entire body, sent electricity all the way down to your toes. You whimpered as he sucked gently at the skin of you neck, right where your pulse was racing.

"I tried to stay away. Tried not to be into you." He kissed up your neck and closed his teeth around your earlobe, pulling a moan from your throat. "I tried to ignore my feelings because you're human, because I couldn't go through that again. But you... I couldn't ignore you, no matter how hard I tried." You felt him grin and dug his teeth into your neck. You gasped, feeling his fangs dig into your skin, but it wasn't hard enough to pierce the skin. His grip on your waist tightened.

"I remember when you cut your finger to get a reaction from me when you first came to the manor. That's when it started." He let out a deep chuckle and you shivered. He kissed up your cheeks and you hummed in satisfaction, his words not fully processing as he placed tantalizing kisses on your eyelids and your cheekbones. "You're so headstrong and stubborn and... I didn't want to be into you but I am. I so am and I can't pretend anymore. I don't want to pretend anymore."

"I remind you of Clara, don't I?" You whispered, before you could stop yourself. Jungkook pulled away suddenly, pulling his eyebrows together. You swallowed, feeling ashamed.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." You mumbled, looking down. Jungkook was quiet for a few moments before he touched your cheek, tilting your head back to meet his gaze.

"Yes, you remind me of her, but that's not why I have feelings for you." He said softly, his voice husky and thick with emotion. You pinched your eyebrows together.

"It's not?" You whispered. Jungkook gave you a gentle, closed lipped smile.

"It's been so long since Clara... I barely even remember what she was like or even what she looked like. I only remember how much her rejection hurt and affected me." He explained calmly. "You remind me of her in the way that you both have a strong moral compass and I admire that about you, but you aren't the same. And my feelings for you and her aren't the same either." He rubbed his thumb over your cheekbone and your heart thudded in your chest at the softness in his hands and how he cradled your head like something precious.

"You don't have to explain, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." You whispered, running your hands over his shoulders reassuringly. Jungkook caressed your cheek and you leaned into him unconsciously.

"Don't make yourself smaller, Y/N." He murmured with a smirk. "I told you once before, you don't have to be a punching bag or a scapegoat. Hold yourself to higher standard." He leaned forward and kissed your eyelid, making butterflies erupt in your stomach.

"I don't want to hurt you like she did." You whispered, closing your fists in the fabric of his shirt. He kissed your other eyelid and exhaled deeply, his breath warming your face.