- Reminiscent Two -

I remember it all too well. It was a trip that I'd never forget. The only way I'd be able to forget was if I simply distracted myself and blocked everything out of my mind that had something to do with the trip. I think that's why for the longest time, I had forgotten about L/N.

For Winter break, L/N's dad had taken my brother, Sasaki, L/N, and I to a rural town. This town was also known as Hanamaki. What I had not realized before was that we were all staying in the very house where my future subordinate was born, Kenji. I remember looking over at him during dinner. He had a huge smile on his face, and would continuously stare at me as if I were his idol. He would give me multiple drawings of his family, his farm, even us two together. I had thrown them away, but if I had known what our relationship would end up becoming, I wouldn't have.

Then again I mostly threw them away because of what had happened on that trip...

After dinner, Kamekichi and Sasaki were chatting on the couch, leaving me quite excluded. I didn't mind particularly, but I also felt quite lonely.

"Please please can I go out exploring?" I could hear L/N beg her dad from the side.

"No, it's getting way too dark." He replied.

"Pleaseee, I'm getting bored here! No offense, Miyazawa-san." L/N turned to Kenji's mother.

"Non-taken, dear. C'mon, why don't you let her go out? This town is pretty safe you know." Miyazawa said to L/N's father. "What if a buddy came along? Would that be better?"

"Fine fine...." L/N's father sighed, and we made eye contact. I froze. "You boy, go with my daughter into the woods, why don't you."

"Eh..but.." I was raised to comply with what adults say, so how could I say no? Besides, it's not as if I had anything else to do. "Alright."

"What? Four-eyes? Awh man..." L/N groaned immediately in response.

"Four eyes?" I repeated. What a dumb nickname.

"Whatever, better than not being able to go out at all!"

Before I knew it, I was walking side by side with a person who I was still being held captive by from being forced to be in the Gardening club. One blossom of flowers turned into another. I was still not very fond of her, but I suppose I could deal with her. What could possibly go wrong?

***

We got lost in the middle of the forest.

And

It was raining.

"God damnit!!" She called out, bringing up hands to shelter her eyes. "What do we do??"

"I don't know! This is your idea after all!" I yelled over the downpour of rain.

"Are you trying to blame me for this?!"

"That is exactly what I'm trying to do!!"

"Shut up four eyes!!"

"STOP CALLING ME THA-AAAA!!!" I lost my balance and slipped on mud, soon leading me to a mudslide. I grabbed onto a branch and held on for dear life. "OH GOD!"

"Hold on!" L/N bent down and grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me up with all her might. Turns out "all of her might" had been too much. The momentum my body had from being pulled up had made L/N and I fall backward into a hole on the side of the mountain. Only..we kept falling..more and more. What we had fallen into was an entrance to some sort of cave. A mudslide was created where we had fallen, so it seemed that we couldn't get out.

"Ow.." We groaned as we tried to stand up again.

"Are you okay?" I quickly stood up and offered her my hand, but just as before she ignored my offered assistance and stood up on her own, swatting my hand away in the process.