Part 30:Where Is Your Heart?

I kept running away. She was beaten, she was dying, he threw her at me, and then she was eaten. Eaten by him...eaten by ichigo… it’s not like him to do this!

It’s not like the one I fell in love with...

I kept going, until I found a random building away from the battles. Even after they had likely ended, I had stayed….

Orihime: no no no no no nonononono! This isn’t happening! It...it can’t be happening...it’s not like him…

Orihime: it’s not like ichigo…

???: I would say that this is actually not like you…

I heard a voice I never thought I would hear again. They were supposed to be dead...just like Ichigo…

Orihime: U-Ulquiorra?

Ulquiorra: Just as you see me, you still see things as before. If I cut open your chest, would I find your heart? What if I cracked open your skull?

I looked at him, he was the same as before...almost…

Ulquiorra : you showed me where your heart was...and where mine was too… you have seen my heart and you brought it with you… but you have left your own heart behind. My eyes see everything. And right now, I see that your heart is in your head, poisoning your thoughts and perverting your perceptions…

I looked up at Ulquiorra, my heart and mind in a mess...and I saw that the hole in his heart was gone.

Orihime: U-Ulquiorra! You-you’re…

Ulquiorra: Do you truly love Ichigo? Do you not care anymore, about how he has changed already?...

Orihime: what do you mean?...

U: My eyes can see all. I have only begun to grasp the notion of “emotions’, but even I can see that you. Are. lying. And you aren’t lying to others...you’re lying to yourself...the only person you should never lie to.

O: l-lying to myself?! WH-what are you talking abo-

???: he’s right...you aren’t letting go…

I heard a voice even more shocking than Ulquiorra’s

O: S-Sora!?

S: hey, Orihime~ how’ve you been?

O: Sora, how’re you here?!

S: I’ve been dead for a while, I would have found you eventually after all of this~

O: b-but why are you here?

S: why wouldn’t I help my baby sister? Even as a hollow, I always cared for you. You’re in pain, and I want to talk to you about it...we came here to help.

O: help? How?...

S: We came because we need to talk with you.

U: you are forgetting your heart, and blinding your eyes to what is around you.

Images of ichigo flashed through my head, from his highschool years to his soul reaper outfits, and slowly I calmed down.

S: you can see things that aren’t here, you’ve blinded yourself to the truth.

U: you are hiding a truth that you do not wish to see… you saw fear for a heart you entrusted your own to, and you’ve done so twice. Your brother once became a hollow, and so had Kurosaki. You have seen these fears, and yet you still placed your heart in them, you set your heart with me too… you see the good in so many beings, and yet you're so blind to the truth…

With them telling me this, Ichigo slowly becomes a hollow, growing horns as he howls. I felt scared, they were screaming in pain, hatred, anger…

O: that’s not ichigo…

S: you’re right, it’s not, but it certainly was...

I slowly watched as the creature in front of us changed back to ichigo as it began to crumble to dust

O: ICHIGOOOOOO!!!!

I quickly felt immediate pain in my cheek, a stinging sensation moving through my face and snapping me back to reality. It snapped me away from the monster that had once stood

O: U-Ulquiorra…

U: you tried to make me see the truth, so now I shall shed some light on your eyes too…

S: Orihime, Ichigo has changed a lot since then, and if we’re being truthful...you need to change too.

U: you viewed us as monsters, even though we all felt. You treated us coldly as we wished to help. You treated us with fear as we felt and touched you... you did so with me, your brother, and Kurosaki as well...you could not accept change, and it is your hubris to not do so...where have you left your heart?...

S: we have changed, Ichigo, and everyone else has too, and they all accepted the truth and moved on...you can’t even recognize your savior when he stands before you…you believed your fear. So please, think things through…

I thought back to what had just happened...everything had been a blur, but it was all so clear now. Ichigo-no, Rimuru had saved me...and I ran in fear, just like always...I’m horrible as a friend, especially towards...how could I say I love him if I couldn’t even accept him?!

My cheeks felt wet, and I was scared of my feelings...I have been an idiot this whole time…

S: it’s about time you realized it, sis. Now, if you’ve figured it out, what do you plan to do

O: I...I need to move on...I can’t just stay in the past like this...I need to leave you all behind, and move forward. I need to apologize...to you, and...to Rimuru too…

I looked to the blue haired figure turned away from me, as it faded away. I have to say goodbye to my past, and I need to do it right...I have to move on, and move forward.

I ran, I can’t stay like this forever...goodbye, Ichigo…

Orhime walks forward past the two men

Sora:i want to thank you for helping me with this.

Ulquiorra: I wondered for a bit what you had planned, but now I fully understand...this was your plan…

Sora: it wouldn’t have worked if it wasn’t us, after all...we're the ones that hurt her the most...

The two of them dissapears leaving nothing behind but their words.

And with that, chapters ended, but doors had opened once more...

This chapter was done by SwordAir well done it's our hope you all enjoyed this let us know what you think in the comments