Chapter 1

I jumped and jumped from one building to another with such a rush. I still could hear their footstep ,following me. Shit, i can't get away if it goes along like this. The wound from that filthy ghoul scratched me still remains, poisoning me with unredurable pains.

" Stop there, Phantom! Surrender now !" , one of them that I don't recognize yells at me . I ignore him and kept dashing .

I took a peek ,and I gasped.

No! He's so fast !

I can't look at his face, but I can tell he's furious from his bited lips. He breathed quite normally although he chased with such a inhuman speed. He has slender body, shirt height for someone in his age, and white and black hair. I won't predict his combat ability, he's too hard to tell–an enigma.

Suddenly, distracted bmy thoughts , I slipped when I tried to jump at the sideway. I fell and crash a car below my feet .

" Shit ...", i hissed.

He jumped with a grace, and illuminating lights from vehicle makes him looked dramatical. Like a heroine in action films.

" You can't escape ,now. Why can't you surrender now ?  I won't hurt you, y' know " , he asked.

I smirked.  I was investigator myself so I knew what kind of condition i'll got ! Could he come up with more convinceable excuse ?

" .. you lie"

" eh ? You don't trust me ?"

" Aa. Why should I trust you ?"

" Well, how about I kept my word ? Not as investigator but as ..."

His word died when a crimson of wings slapped me from my gaze.

Ukaku

'So, he's experimental ghoul .. like him .. '

" One-eyed ghoul, huh ? You got a guts.."

" Phantom , I don't hold any grudge with ghoul , and I don't at their side either . I just curious with your method at capturing your fellow ghoul . Maybe we can reach an understanding ..."

" I recommend you to step away . Or I would not hesistate in finishing you, one-eyed ghoul or not .."

" Is that so ? "

Suddenly, atmosphere around us became tensed.

His eyes glowed with flaming-yet-cold kind of red. And from his wings, glowed another crimson burst.

I stared with wide eyes.

' th-that's Kakuja !'

It's been a long time since i look at kakuja form. And another sad reminsince of him. A centipede kakuja–

No ...

Before my eyes, is a centipede formed kakuja. Similar to the one that captured my heart, that I've been searching for .

No way ...

He tried to grasp me with sadistic look. He maniacally attacked me and it's a good thing I can slip everytime he attacked me . It's not like I got a good reflex, but I used to it. In old days, I like to have a spar with Eyepatch, either to getting used to quinque Mado-san gave me, or just missing some adrenaline rush everytime we fought .

Whenever he tried to stab me, I can get away easily. And that reality alone scared me.

He's fuckin' similiar to someone, and depth in my heart I denied it. It's to cruel to be true. When I think I've been through the same condition as him, fate playing with our feeling for the second time.