Chapter 4

Everyone in the room tensed up at my entrance. I went straight to the kitchen and had a glass of water to ease the dryness in my throat. I came back and faced my mum, dad, Seema and Aryan's mom dad. Max took a seat on my left, Aryan was standing by the wall near the door and Karan decided to leave the room after glaring towards Aryan.

I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention. Their worried faces were telling another story, while they all were trying to smile. 'I just wanted to say' I started, 'Wait Sneha' Seema di cut me in. 'Before you say anything, I request you to hear what Aryan has to say. He deserves a chance, dear.'

I calmly spoke, 'Di please, I already heard his part. I don't want to disrespect you. It is my turn to speak now, can I?' Everyone nodded their heads.

'I seriously have no idea what were you thinking before coming here with a proposal. A lot have happened in the past and it can't be undone and some mistakes deserve a punishment only. So, with due respect I refuse to be a part of this marriage.' Everyone looked at me with wide eyes.

Before anyone could say something, I stood up 'Thanks for stopping by, It would have been lovely having you here under different circumstances. But in case you are wondering, I can't marry Aryan because.....' I looked straight into Aryan's eyes and said 'Because I am in love with Max.' Aryan's face changed and the unbearable emotion of hurt took over his facial features.

Everyone stood up and Aryan's family headed straight to the main door after exchanging greetings with my parents.

Seema Di hugged me before leaving. No matter what happened between us, she still cared for me like an elder sister.

I felt bad for hurting her, but I had to tell this lie, as Max and I had planned earlier while in the kitchen as a mean of avoiding the marriage.

Max was looking at me with a question in his eyes 'Was this necessary?' I was about to speak when I heard my father's angry voice, 'Sneha, Max! Would you two mind explaining your act of declaration of love in front of everyone.' I knew I was in deep shit, but I have faith in my partner-in crime.

Max took the cue, he explained, 'Uncle! when Aryan left, I was the one to stand by her side. I think you trust me enough with your daughter that I won't do anything stupid. We were about to tell you, but this all happened so suddenly that we never got the chance. I am in love with your daughter, since the day I started playing with her in our garden. If you think, I am capable of fulfilling every wish of your daughter, I would like to marry her.' My mother had tears in her eyes after hearing Max's confession.

I was speechless, what was going on? He delivered the whole speech as if he was rehearsing it for so long. I looked at Max with angry eyes and then he realized his mistake. We were supposed to act in love to avoid marriage for as long as possible and he, being the idiot, asked dad for permission to marry me.

'Could this day get any worse?' I thought in my mind.

My father calmed down a bit at his honest confession and told Max to go home as he would like to speak to Max's parents first. I headed straight to my room and collapsed on my bed after changing into my night suit. Everything that happened today was rotating in my mind, but I fell asleep soon, because I knew I needed strength to face whatever next day was bringing to me....   

Hey lovely people, have anyone expected this? Team Max or Team Aryan?

Thank you so much for all the votes, comments and personal messages. I know, I am not that great at writing, but I will improve day by day. Your inspirational comments mean a lot to me, feel free to point out my mistakes too as the story is not edited.    

Pic attached - Maxieee :)

Love and Hugs,

Rmn