Chapter 7

Pic – Sneha's Mehndi or Henna Design

Avira and I were the ones to select best bridal design for Roohi. Bollywood songs were playing in the background and most of the guests were dancing. Just when I sat down to select design for myself, I caught Aryan waving at me at the bottom of stairs. He asked me in sign language, 'How much more time will you take?' I asked same question to the girl, who was preparing henna to apply on my hands, she replied '30 minutes.' I mouthed the answer to Aryan and he went to the terrace.

For the first time in my life, I was actually eager to get done with henna. After twenty-five minutes, my hands were looking beautiful. I thanked the girl and whispered to Roohi about going upstairs to meet Aryan and got a teasing smile in return. I felt nervous all of a sudden, after putting my foot on the second last step. I looked at the crowd for Max, but he was busy doing sleeping arrangements for the guests. I pushed all the coward thoughts at the back of my head and went to the terrace.       

I shivered when my hands come in contact with cool air. I scanned the terrace and found Aryan in the far left corner gazing at the stars. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He turned back and a million dollar smile appeared on his handsome face. I automatically smiled seeing him and my nervousness disappeared.

He came to me and said, 'I was not expecting you here, I thought you will ditch me. Thank you so much for coming here, Sneha.' My heart skipped a beat on hearing my name in his sexy deep voice.

'Hey, can I see your Mehndi?' he asked. 'Of course, here.' I said while giving him a clear view of my design. He admired the whole design and said, 'Wow, the design is just as pretty as you.' I turned into a tomato after hearing this compliment. I thanked him.

'Oh, I totally forgot, the real reason I called you here is because I need a favor. Will you be my partner? Please.' I started at him with my mouth open. His partner? He sensed my confusion and explained 'I mean my dance partner for the Sangeet ceremony day after tomorrow. Shelly and Max are performing and Seema, Avira and Roohi are also giving a performance together. This leaves me alone and I am desperate for a dance partner. I am unable to find one, can you please help me?' Max had also asked me and I refused to dance with him, but I was finding it hard to say 'No' to Aryan. So, I agreed.

After hearing my answer, I saw an even bigger smile on his face. 'Hey Sneha, where will we practice? All the guests will arrive tomorrow and we need to keep our performance a secret. Only Roohi knows, in fact it was her idea. She even selected the song.' What? Roohi knew already. Oh, now I get it, this was her plan, so this is what the teasing smile was about. 'Sneha, are you even listening?' I stepped out of my thoughts. 'Umm, we can practice at my home. That will be no problem.' I answered.

'Great, I will see you at 10 then.'

'Sure Aryan. You know which one is my house, right?'

'Yep, the third one in same lane. I will be there.'

'Okay, I need to go now, I will see you tomorrow then. Good night, Aryan.'

'Good night, Sneha.'

I headed downstairs and found Max. He walked me to my home and I went to sleep with a stupid smile on my face. I couldn't wait for the night to be over. I was actually excited to see him dance...

Vote, comment and share - the more, the merrier :)

Love and Hugs,

Rmn :-*