𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COZBI-CHAN!" I just looked at the face in front of me that I saw the very first thing when I open my eyes before closing at back again and went back to sleep.

I suddenly felt something bad falling in my direction so I immediately rolled out of bed at the same time a bang was heard then the creaking of my bed 

"Did you just broke my bed?" My dumbass brother just jumped and broke my bed, it would've been my ribs if I didn't manage to get out of the way in time 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COZBI-CHAN"

"Get out"

"Hai" 

"Charan~" My eyes went wide when I saw my brother holding a metal bat covered in rubber tied with a red ribbon while smiling brightly.

Today is my birthday and the only time my brother visits us, he would then leave in a few weeks after his friends' death anniversary

We both apologized as to what happened earlier since we both know I'm not really a morning person and everyone in this house knows not to wake me up for my inner monster gets unleashed.

"Thank you nii-chan" I hesitantly thanked him while looking at the metal bat. Why would he give me a metal bat in the first place? 

"Fufu~" I turned my eyes back towards my big brother who seems to let out an arrogant laugh while pointing his nose to the sky "Aren't I awesome? I heard you joined a gang, this will help you ward of small fries and make you look a little bit intimidating" I nod vehemently and smiled brightly at my brother who looked proud. Though it's a bit weird how he already knew about me joining a gang since he must have had arrived just a few hours ago, I didn't question him about it and just enjoyed the rest of the day with them. "I also covered it in rubber for their protection" Whose protection?

I was super happy when I find out that he's gonna stay here for a longer period of time since grandpa's health seems to be deteriorating. I became sad when I was reminded of my grandpa's health but spending time with them distracted me from those thoughts.

We talked and laugh the whole day, Jii-chan went to sleep in the afternoon so it was only my brother and me. We played and sparred, though I always lost. My brother is tremendously powerful, he never uses his hands every time we spar but I always lost. 

Though I don't know who would win if he and Mikey fight. 

At night, I was startled and immediately ran outside when I received a text from Mikey saying that he was waiting outside.

"W-What are you doing here?" I was flustered by his sudden arrival which made my face flaming red and my words a stuttering mess. I saw him sitting on his bike when he I arrived 

I saw him flinch and even shudder while looking at my hand so I also followed his point of view and almost shrieked when I saw that I was holding the metal bat. I was practicing how to properly use it earlier when he texted me so I guess I forgot to leave it there in a hurry. 

"I-I was practicing earlier so ha-ha-ha" I awkwardly laugh to dispel this weird atmosphere, Mikey seems to have regained his calm as he finally smiled with his eyes closed 

"It's fine but Ka-chin it seems that you've forgotten to tell us it was your birthday" I froze when I felt an ominous aura from Mikey who was still smiling peacefully. I reassured myself by saying that it was just my imagination and thus managed to calm myself down.

"I-I'm sorry, my brother just went home so I was excited and seemed to have forgotten to tell you about it" Hearing my explanation seems stupid but that was what really happened "M-My brother only comes home for my birthday and--" I froze and stopped explaining when Mikey puts his hand on my head 

"What are you apologizing for? Stupid" My eyes went wide seeing Mikey smile so warmly with his eyes closed before he held my shoulder and gently turned me around. 

"I know that we've never known each other for that long but..." I let out a small gasp when I felt a cold metal touched my collar bone. I looked down and saw a beautiful silver necklace with infinity as its pendant "...I really really like you, it's killing me" My breathing stopped for a moment when I heard Mikey's soothing voice as he put the necklace on me. My heart's beating so fast I feel like I just ran a marathon and my senses seem to have heightened as Mikey's touch just adds another level to my heartbeats speed. 

Mikey turned me around again, I tried to resist because I don't want him to see my face right now but my body cannot muster any strength to do it at all. 

I bowed my head to avoid seeing his face but he just squished my cheeks and forced me to look at him. My eyes widen when I saw him blushing too but he was calm and even looked handsome as he smiled warmly at me with his hair fluttering in the wind.

He nuzzled his head on my cheeks which made it even redder than it already was. "Don't leave me, okay? It's fine if you don't like me like I do but don't ever leave me... 𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊" I stiffened as I felt his breath on my cheeks while processing his words. I badly wanted to tell him that 'I won't'  but the words won't get out of my mouth. I don't know what's stopping me, probably because of fear of the uncertain future or fear of a dreadful past. 

"K-Kami!" I suddenly shouted as I pushed him slightly away from my embrace. He looked confused and let out a short eh? before realization hit him "W-What's kami?" I asked. It was the letters interwoven to form an infinity in my necklace 

"Kami. Ka-chin and Mikey" He giggled when I burst into a flaming hot tomato again for the umpteenth time today "It also means God which is connected to my name. Mikey means who is like God in English so just think of it as me whenever your lonely" 

"B-Baka! W-Why would I think of y-y-you when I'm l-l-l-lonely! Baka! Mikey baka!" I slightly shout another string of baka as I lightly slap his shoulder while he just keeps giggling which made me more embarrassed.

I stopped when I heard something vibrating from Mikey's pocket. He also stopped laughing and looked at me with a confused expression "Your phone's vibrating" I informed him which he jumped in surprise "How'd you not noticed it?" I hopelessly asked him since it was impossible not to have heard it or even felt it 

"I thought it was the sound of my heart" My face turned red again but I forced myself to calm down when I saw how his face changed 

"Something happened. I gotta go" He hurriedly sat on his bike and prepared to start it so I took my chance and hop on his back

He looked back in shock so I simply smile "It's about Toman, isn't it? I'm also a member too y'know?" 

"But--" I didn't let him finish and just put the metal bat on my shoulder. He was stunned for a few minutes then slightly giggled before starting the engine and heading towards the location. 

I may not see his face but I can tell from his body and posture how tense his feeling right now.

Thank you so much for reading!
I highly appreciate your vote and comment, tysm!
Have fun!