Prolouge

Everything around Asta was nothing but withered dead nature and the red sky the land crawling with millions of lifeless bodies and water replaced with fresh red blood.

Watching while every devil took every sign of life away one by one slowly torturing them to insanity.
For Asta this was the worst type of torture he had to face in his entire life, even more merciless than seeing the death of his friends and family die when they were literally in his grasp.

All he could do was lie helplessly on the ground waiting for lucifero to end it all, his face lost all its emotion and his body going numb.

Liebe on the other hand lied down right beside him his body filled with holes ,and even injuries far too impossible to heal.

They both were clearly nearing at deaths door.

"Don't you see? No matter how hard you try I always prevail! You and your pesky plans are useless once the door to hell opens. You do realize all of those efforts would've worked if you perhaps..
Saved your precious captain before he died"
Lucifero let's out a loud laughter of rejoicement as both of them could only twitch their hands in response clearly struggling to take a stand once again.

Liebe had one last ability before lucifero would end it all, and that was he still had the ability to talk to Asta in his thoughts.

He closed his eyes and entered astas mind seeing him at the most desperate state he has seen him over the years he was grabbing the strands of his hair blaming himself over and over again for all the bad things happening now. These thoughts overwhelmed liebe they as were too noisy and the negative pressure continously rises as he struggled to reach astas consciousness.
His thoughts were the only thing liebe does not have control over.
"HEY ASTA"

Was he wrong tho? It was clearly his fault.
"ASTA! "

Everyone's death could have been avoided
"DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

If he tried a little harder-
"ASTA YOU DUMBASS WAKE UP"

Liebe finally grabs ahold of his shoulder and spins him around facing him.

"QUIT IT WITH THOSE THOUGHTS WILL YOU IM STRUGGLING HERE"

Hearing those words Asta's negative thoughts honed down and so did the pressure but it did not mean everything was over completely.

"DON'T TELL ME YA FORGOT OUR GOAL YA DIPSHIT"

"What else do you have in mind exactly? We're stuck here helpless it's all us now, can't we just wait for the heavens to collect our soul? I'm not even sure you'd be there but-"

"You dumbass you said we were gonna atleast stab him one more time or die trying" liebe stated tightening his grip on his shoulder.

Asta suddenly remembered when they promised to take him down. Atop a dead mountain after witnessing their very last friend die again even being within their protection.

Asta looked sincerely at his step-brother face to face, his eyes gleamed with a tiny light  of hope  at his brother's words as the rest of the pressure seem to die down.
He gulped down his throat and slapped his own face multiple times turning his cheeks red.

"You're right liebe, let's surpass our limits one more time for everyone, everyone who died, for us. " He said softly gripping his fist tightly looking at liebe giving him one last determined grin.

Liebe responded with a smirk, soon leaving their little mind world and returning back to reality.

Compared to their own imagination world however, the real world treated their body much more harshly.