Chapter 2

The backdoor to the church creaks open, Asta was greeted a warm welcome with everyone already down ready for dinner.
"Welcome back Asta!" Father orsi happily greets him across the door holding a book in hand. Asta kindly returns the polite remark by waving his hand.

"Hey Asta did you get any magic yet?" recca jokes with a smug look on her face.

He sighs, "No not really, but-" he puffs out his chest in confidence and loudly proclaims "I won't give up on it!"

"Typical you" she mumbles as shifted in her seat and turns her head away to look to the kitchen entrance.

"Why even bother question when you already know what he was gonna say?" Nash asks as he tilts his figure behind asta.

"Why not? It's fun!" she smugs.

"It's only getting annoying and repetitive you're the only one who finds it funny" Nash says as he walks off to sit across recca at the table.

"Hey! Am I really that predictable?" asta whined.

The four kids across the table lifts a thumbs up to him as response. Even aruru, who was only a baby raised his thumb so joyfully. Asta was found in complete disbelief.

"Hey where's Yuno?" asta asked.

Recca was first to respond, "Yuno said he was gonna come in late for dinner he said he wanted to train some more"

'So he's already getting ahead of me by going late to dinner?! I mean I cant blame him since it was my turn to help with dinner but still- having the ability to be late to dinner? I guess I have to step my game up'

He began to hand out the plates given to him to each sides of the table.

'well does it matter? Hearing him say he's gonna be the wizard King is gonna feel weird now that I know he's part-royalty'

"He's odly quiet today" whispered recca to Nash,

"Don't even think about it he was acting weird too back at the skull" he whispered his reply back.

He finishes his last thought puting down the last plate at the corner end of the table. He was about to space out again when he was interrupted.

"Asta! I need you to get another batch of firewood outside!" ordered sister lily, who peeked her head out the kitchen.

"Oh O-okay!" Asta replies as he bursts back out the house heading for the firewood stock area.

'how am I gonna handle all these things when I know whats gonna happen already? Should I tell him? No- I'd look like an idiot doing that'

He kneels down to grab one batch of firewood, he tightens the rope around it securing it in place.

'plus, what if something else happens? What if zenon comes in flying to our church? what if everything won't go my way? What is it that I want to keep in this timeline? Do I have to keep the elves?'

Unfortunately, his brain was to small to contain the information that he reached his burnout limit.

"AGHHHH THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING WHY AM I BORN SO DUMB-"

"So you finally admit that you're dumb for once." a silvery voice appears beside Asta.

"Y-yuno?! I thought you were going to be late? Did something happen?"

"No nothing happened I just decided to ditch being late the last minute" Asta smiles at him.

He felt happy seeing yuno, but the bright feeling ended shortly after he was reminded of what he was here for.