Chapter 1

"I genuinely thought the gods wouldn't take interest in you"
They raised their hand holding an orb of soul carefully examining its features.

"A soul as strong as yours always wins in the end of a fierce battle"

They spun the orb in their palm inspecting each of its side, it glowed with an admirable shade of Grey and white.

"But I've always wondered, why would the gods take interest in a boy who has dealt with forbidden magic more or less, devil magic?"

Saying those words, their eyes darted to a similar soul off to their side emitting an ominous dark aura opposite to the polished soul in their palm. They sighed, even they could not understand a god's decision.

"Every being knows its hard to capture a god's attention, but for these two souls to capture a god's pity and favor.. "
They held the two souls in both their palms carrying it close to their field of vision.

"They must have done something out of anyone's league, they must be very 2 auspicious people"

Their eyes narrowed as they let go of the two souls to float, rapidly turning to their backs to grab something from their untidy desk.

"It should be here somewhere near.. Ah! Here it is!"

Holding a golden pocket watch in their hand turning back to the two souls with a hint of excitement in their face.

"It is still my duty to follow their even strangest requests as a person that guards the purity of timelines"

they flicked their wrist in the air slightly moving their sleeve to give their hands space before adjusting the golden pocket watch reversing its hands numerous times,
this process went on for what seemed like hours, until they finally stopped on the hour hand 4 o' clock.

"Well then, seeing as how everything's ready I assume you both must be as well" they said, crossing their hands as they waited for an answer.

Even tho the souls did not let out a single sound, their auras grew insignificantly stronger as an response to the to the mysterious time-line guardian who only marveled looking at the two.

"You'll both be reincarnated back into the past before the whole magic knights thing and a year before Asta gets his grimoire. I assume you're okay with being apart for just a year?"

The polished soul agreed without hesitation the other one (The darker one) however took a while before they finally said yes, the time-line gaurdian let's out a sincere smile while their gaze drooped on the 2 ambitous souls. But they soon felt concerned when they had to tell them their disadvantages.

"On one condition, I'm afraid none of your swords will make it in this process so you have to work hard to get them back. Who knows? You might as well gain new ones too in this journey"

And that's when a harmonious sound fills the room.
They let the souls afloat freely a few feet from beside each other and placed the golden pocket watch in between them letting their hands open aside activating their ability.

"The only thing you would be able to bring with you on this rewind will be your memories, and your physical physique you gained from the witch queen. Now that your both ready I think it's about time I say goodbye to you, hopefully the next time you arrive here your goals would have been fulfilled as this is only a once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to live again.. That said, See you soon"

The music grew louder, the room glowed a luminous white-blinding light. the two souls spun around the pocket watch in a circular motion as it ascended upwards spinning gradually faster.