Chapter 7: Proof?

-An hour or so later-

"Hi guys your favorite person is here!" Peter yelled as he climbed through the window because the front entrance was shut for some reason.

"HOLY SHIT-" *an arrow whizzes through the glass* "dude don't give me a heart attack like that" Clint looked like he was about to faint.

"Did I just hear cussing IN FRONT OF THE CHILD!" Steve walked in furiously, "I'm- not a child" Peter tried to chime in but was interrupted by a "and where the fuck did you get that idea" "WAIT WHERE IS MY CHILD- *cough* I mean Peter is here??" Tony rushed in, took a moment, saw the glass and then there was chaos. 

Nat who was causally drinking a cup of coffee in the background looked like she had given up on life and pinched her eyes shut. "Alright, ALRIGHT" she got up from her seat and went to stand in the middle of the room. It suddenly fell quiet because when Nat gets angry you have 5 minutes to find the nearest exit.  "If I hear one more insufferable thing out of any of you, I swear I will kick you each in turn out the window" she turned to Peter who honestly looked like he just needed some sleep (someone get this kid some peaceee) and added "not you dear, you're doing great".

"Ok focus guys c'mon, wasn't there something we were all going to discuss?" "Yes, she's right" Tony stood up to face the current team members present "I wanted to get a clear picture of the ongoing Loki attacks." Peter frowned slightly "I confirmed with Thor that yes Loki has broken out of his prison but there has been no news of him until recently.  Friday pull up the feed" "yes sir". Multiple camera recordings were playing throughout the city of a familiar glowing green being just minutes before each explosion.  Peter's frown deepened, there was something off about this, he could feel it.  The time the camera footage was taken was the same time he was helping the god and Peter knew he could teleport and shapeshift but he was determined it wasn't that.

Clint looked at Peter, he sighed, he had made a promise to the kid to help him so as much as it pained him to say it he asked "How do we know that even is Loki? It could be another imposter just like the UN attack".  Tony turned towards him like he was insane. "Dude, what more proof do we need, all evidence leads up to him." "Yeah, but what's his incentive then?"  "Peter? What?" "C'mon, he's got to have an incentive, he would never attack without a reason". "Kid we don't need to think about whatever dark twisted incentive this guy has, he's not even human, we can't trust his 'reasoning'" he has air-quoted that last part.

Nat narrowed her eyes between Clint and Peter, she knew something was up.  She knew Clint would have loved getting revenge for what Loki did to him and Peter wasn't even around when that happened, it did not make sense. She would have to question them later.

Steve who had been quiet for most of this said "I contacted Fury about keeping special units around the targeted areas. I sent the locations down to Bruce in the lab to see if he can make a connection and lastly I just finished chatting with T'challa who's on his way back to Wakanda to see if that genius sister of his might have some sort of device that would help us catch this criminal".

"Oh shoot"...Peter froze when he realized he said that out loud, "uhhh I just remembered that I need to get home, I have a test coming up I need to study for" he thought that lie was quite convincing but he wasn't sure if he had fooled Nat. He smiled at her and she frowned.  "Oh hey, before you go" this was Tony speaking again "do you know Shuri, because I had a feeling she had something to do with your disappearance". Peter didn't think he had to lie about this, well maybe just a little. "Oh yeah haha, I met her online, funny isn't it? Anyways she showed me this new tech she was working on that fuzzed up your location. It's simple, she just didn't want me to tell you about it because she assumed you'd wanna check it out and she's been pretty busy". 

He honestly didn't care if not everyone believed him right now, he just needed to go so he could text Shuri to let her know that her brother is making an emergency visit back home at this very moment.

He was about to walk out when Tony pulled him aside for a minute. "Hey kid, I know you got a soft spot for all this super hero stuff, but Loki is dangerous and I don't want you going off trying to stop him." Peter paused "If you do come across him at any moment though please tell us right away and we'll come and deal with...the situation".  Peter took a breath and said "yeah, don't worry, I'll let you guys handle it, but I really have to go now". "Ok be safe, do you need a ride home?" "No no, don't worry I got this!" And before anyone could say anything else Peter climbed back out the now broken window, leaped slowly downwards and sprung away. 

Everyone was excusing themselves from the room until only Nat and Clint remained. The female looked silently at he friend "I know something's up, what is it" Clint, not knowing how to respond in that current moment was slightly ..only slightly relieved when there was a giant "BOOM" and the floor started shaking.

~End~
A/N: Apologies for the long wait, surprisingly summer has been busy for me and I've had a bit of lack of motivation. Thankfully that motivation is starting to return and I shall be updating more often now. Until next time my...hmm I haven't thought of a name for my readers, any ideas? —> 😏