Chapter 14: Haietlik

"And that's what happened" Shuri finished explaining the whole situation while holding a half eaten pack of Oreos.

"Can we go back to the part where Peter was in an EXPLOSION??" Ned asked wide eyed and concerned glancing between the storytellers

Ned and MJ had seemed to accept that Shuri and Loki were not a threat and actually pretty funny despite the situation.

"That's what were trying to figure out. The moment he was fine he would've sent a message but he hasn't. We're worried something happened but we don't know where to start" Shuri looked at them hopefully.

"Have you at least gone to the place where he was last" MJ suggested.

"Uhh.." Shuri freezes.

"Seriously" MJ says. "Y'all are idiots" "Hey do you wanna get stun gunned" Shuri remarks.

"Shuri! Loki grabs her arm before she can reach for the weapon. "You don't threaten the people who are trying to help".

"Okay okay, but in our defense we literally just got here, I haven't had time to get to the next steps of the plan".

MJ sighed "Alright, I believe you and I can see you two do care about Peter. We'll help, besides I'm a master umbrella wielder now". She smirks and Loki raised an eyebrow at her.

"So what is the next step of your plan?" Ned asks, surprising the others as he was quiet through most of the conversation.

"I'm still working on that" Shuri says confidently. "I'm good at improvising" Loki mutters.

"Well we're screwed" MJ deadpans.

~Back in the sus sounding place (this time give me a funny name for the bad guy leader and i'll use it in the next chapter)~

Peter looks up as the door opens once more knowing full well the punishment if he chose the ignore the man.

He winces feeling the bruise on his neck swell. He wasn't sure how long he's been here but it's felt like weeks.

Suddenly his vision goes dark as a cloth covers his eyes. Well it definitely was not the same person who usually went to interrogate him as he had memorized the sound of his walking pattern. This sounded like two rushed people.

"Hey you, don't say a word or you'll regret it, we're moving you to a different area" One of them sternly grumbles.

Suddenly there was a boom and the sound of firing, the alarms go off, startling both him and the guards.

"Why are they attacking? We didn't signal for backup? This wasn't the plan!" Peter heard one of them mumble under their breath.

The guards rush him out of the cell as his leans on one of them for support. There is chaos in the hallway as people rush around, ignoring their presence.

They walk quickly down the hall and around few corners, one of the guards scans the area before quickly beckoning the other with Peter into what seemed to be a supply room.

"Listen up kid we're going to get you out of here" A man with a stern voice says confidently. "I am not a child, why does everyone keep saying that?!" Peter huffs.
"Or we can take you back to your cell because that was oh so fun". Despite not being able to see the persons face he could sense an exaggerated eye roll. "Nope I'll be a good kid" He changes his mind. It wasn't like he had many options and they didn't want to seem to harm him...yet.

One of the guards turns on a small light hanging above them, "we're going to remove the blindfold now, please stay calm." A knife slices through the material quickly. Peter blinks multiple times, the light overwhelming his senses, slowly but surely two figures both wearing some sort of armor appear before him.

"What's that funny little symbol" Peter squints at a logo on one of his rescuers arms. He blinks again. Pause. "HOLY GREEN BEAN ITS HYDRA WHAT THE FUCKETH?!?" Peter nearly has a heart attack and the first guard facepalms.

The second guard and the one he had been leaning on for support, pipes up with a thick Scottish accent "at your service" She gives him a salute.

Peter turned whiter than a British vampire.

Before he could back away the man grabbed his arm firmly, leaving his eyes on his comrade the whole time.

"What? Were we supposed to give away our actual identities then?? That's not what the captain said." The scot whispers frustrated "The captain didn't say to scare the life out of a kid either." he pauses "I mean the kid was never part of our mission but we cant just leave him here. I can't imagine what he's suffered already". He adds "She said get in, find the files and get out and that's exactly what were doing, kid here just adds a few extra steps". His companion frowns slightly but doesn't say anything.

Peter looks at him strangely "Is a Hydra soldier concerned for my well-being?" "No. I mean yes, I mean we're not Hydra let me clarify" He takes a breath. "We are undercover S.H.I.E.L.D agents, we've been infiltrating Hydra for months now, we have gained there trust and it must remain that way. You may call me 002 and this is 24" He points at the woman next to him.

"How do I know you're not lying" Peter challenges back. "I swear i'll take you back to that cell" 002 deadpans. Peter hesitates, "Ok so if you're hydra then who kidnapped me?" *pause* "Now that's reasonable question. The base you are currently in is owned by a crime family called Haietlik, they we're originally controlled by Hydra as a way for them to get money easily though illegally. Over time Haietlik got tired of beings Hydras lesser and decided to rebel. The truth is, despite the power imbalance and underpay Haietlik was facing they were still kept under the radar and on a tight leash if you will. The break away has made them even more powerful as well as dangerous enough to end up on S.H.I.E.L.Ds priority list. Hydra has been planning on how to deal with them for a while now. Our mission was to get as much info on their current plans as we think they're plotting something big. We did schedule an explosion and attack in case we needed a distraction but we never called the signal. That back there wasn't us...we seem to have some uninvited guests to our party".

Note: Haietlik is a lighting spirit in the form of a serpent. I wanted to keep the Hydra theme but change it up a bit. I wanted to represent the fact that Haietlik is an underground crime organization just like the actual Haietlik lurks underwater.
Side note: Unlike Hydra Haietlik aren't (basically) neo-nazis, they're just a crime system that needed the protection of Hydra to keep up their business. (I feel like creating a separate organization that didn't originate on the problematic ideals of Hydra would be better, especially when creating characters that might have some empathetic backstories to them).
Note 2: Yeah the Leader guy is still problematic a-hole but not everyone is, I'm thinking of introducing a new Haietlik character in a few chapters.
Note 3: Three new Marvel characters shall be added into the next chapter I wonder who they shall be 😉

~End~