Prologue

Five wandered around the small apartment he somehow managed to get his hands on. His siblings had taken pity on him and had rented out a place that he could stay in for the time being.

He sighed lightly and buried his head into his hands. After they had prevented doomsday, the Umbrella Academy had officially decided to go on with their own lives, to do something other than saving the world.

Luther had decided to take on boxing and was acing it, Diego had continued helping out the police in investigations insisting that he helped in any way possible, Allison was currently trying to find her daughter, Claire and fix things with her ex-family, Klaus and Ben had rented out a small apartment near by and as far as he knew, we're trying to find something they both enjoyed and Vanya had taken the violin back up, residing at her old apartment. So that just left him, lonely old Five who had nothing to do with his life but sit around and drink coffee.

To be entirely honest he wasn't to keen on splitting up with his family yet again, but didn't want to seem weak in front of his siblings, so in the end they eventually went their own ways. But it still hurt.

Sighing once more, he made his way into his so called bedroom deciding to take a look at dad's old notebook. For some odd reason it had been left in his possession after their father had died, not someone's like Luther's.

Shrugging it off he pulled it out from underneath his bed, where he stored all of his closely guarded belongings. Taking a look at it now, it wasn't the best kept item in the house as it was dusty and ragged, the color seemingly starting to fade.

Frowning slightly, he flicked through the pages until he landed onto his chapter, the chapter about his powers. Honestly after getting stuck in the aftermath of a supposed doomsday, he had no desire to retry time travel but he was simply curious.

Before he could even think to start reading, something caught his attention in the corner of his eye. Something moving. He subtly placed the book back underneath the bed and without thinking, jumped (or as the others like to call it- teleported) over to the area. He froze in shock at the sight of the whirling portal in front of him.

FIVES POV:
"What the actual hell?" I whispered, narrowing my eyes at the sight before me. Should I....? I slowly reached out towards the portal before yanking my hand back.

No, no, no. I couldn't do this, I couldn't be separated from my family again.... But.... They had left me. After everything I did they packed their things up and left. They left to start a new life without me. Groaning loudly, I shut my eyes tightly, clutching my head. And before I could rethink my decision, I jumped into the whirling blue mass before me.