Chapter 4

Five towered over the man below him, a foot over his neck as he stared in shock. A 13 year old boy had just take down The Captain America. Honestly, Steve was disappointed in himself and impressed by the kids skills. It was obvious that he had fought before.

"A-alright, you can get off now," The foot was strategically placed so that it would cut off his airways. A sigh of relief was heard as Five begrudgingly obeyed, removing his foot.

"Can I please put the handcuffs back on now?" Steve asked, rubbing his neck gingerly at the same time.

"Whatever." Honestly, that was a better answer than Steve had anticipated and he quickly moved to get it done before he changed his mind. He escorted Five back to his seat and clicked the handcuffs in place, ensuring that he wouldn't be able to escape.

"I'll go grab Clint," Was the last thing that Five heard from the man as he left the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

                            .          .         .

Clint slowly entered the room, thinking about what had happened previously. So this kid had taken down an Avenger, refused to give much information to Nat and was currently very cautious about what he told people.

He doubted that Five would tell him freely about his powers, if he had any that was. He decided that if he were to gain any information, he would have to gain his trust before hand, starting with his name.

"Hello Five, I'm Clint, Clint Barton," He gave a fake smile as he sat down onto the chair in front of the child.

"What do you want? Honestly I thought maybe one or two people would come in and question me, not a whole army," Five rolled his eyes as he replied sarcastically, deciding that he wasn't going to trust this guy at all. Not that he had trusted any of the other people before him.

"How'd you get here buddy? New York that is," He started off short and simple, hoping to at least get some of an idea on this kids powers.

"Portal. Just popped up in front of me. Foolishly jumped in before I could rethink my idiotic decision," Five seemed to be saying this to himself, but Clint heard it.

"So you jumped into a mysterious portal because....?"

"That's none of your concern, asshole," Aaaaaaand back to stage one.

"Alright, alright," He held his hands up in surrender, deciding to just be blunt about it and see where that got him.

"So, you made the portal? Or do you have a different power," Five scoffed at this question.

"Of course I didn't open up a portal to the middle of nowhere dumbass. And I don't have powers," He stuck with his initial plan, having his powers as back up and as a secret.

"Are you sure?" Clint was confused, he didn't have any powers? Then how did he get here... This was confusing. Without a second glance at the boy, he abruptly stood up and left, slamming the door shut behind him. Tony, who was watching the whole ordeal, entered the room after Clint had left.

"Hey there kid,"

"Who are you people, honestly?"

"The Avengers, but we aren't here to introduce ourselves nicely. I have a few questions I would like to ask you," Fives eyes seemed to light up in recognition at the name, but he stayed quiet.

"How were your grades at school?"

"I was homeschooled, but majority of my answers were correct. We didn't get our actual grades, just if we succeeded or failed. I've only failed once,"

"Hmmm," Tony decided that he would ultimately test the kid with a trick equation that took him and Bruce months to solve. He pulled up the hologram of the problem and showed the kid.

"Now,"

"30257943.67,"

"Pardon me?" Tony rose an eyebrow at the kid.

"You heard me. 30257943.67," That in fact was the answer and Tony was completely stunned. Feeling a little pressured, he stepped out of the room, muttering incoherent things to himself. Five simply stayed in his seat, smirking quietly.

. . .

Fury was impressed, to say the least. The kid had appeared out of the portal, seemed to be against the commission, refused to give much information to Romanoff, took down Rogers, stated he didn't have powers, outsmarted Stark and only was 13 years old.

Sighing, he watched the security cameras closely as Dr.Banner entered the room. This was going to be interesting in many, many different ways.