Chapter 5

Bruce slowly walked into the room, eyeing the kid on the chair in front of him. Judging on how he looked from first glance, the boy had looked quite scrawny. Seeing him up close didnt change that.

"Five?"

"What." Bruce wasn't fazed by the rude response, instead taking a seat in front of the boy.

"Don't worry, I should be the last person you are due to see today," Five raised an eyebrow at the statement, but didn't engage further with the doctor. Bruce took this as a sign to continue, so he went on.

"Have you experienced any traumatic events during your life, Five?" Bruce decided to ask with a gentle tone, attempting to keep Five calm. That didn't work very well.

"Oh no. I've been sucked into a portal, drugged by a bunch of strangers and cuffed to a chair. My life isn't going to be traumatic after this at all." Fives sarcasm didn't help the situation, but Bruce had to admit that they didn't exactly try to gain his trust from the beginning.

"Before that, Five," Bruce attempted to gently pry at the boy once more, but his walls were hard to break down.

"Nothing of your concern doctor." Bruce raised an eyebrow about the choice of title, but knew that his clothing probably gave it away. Not that he was trying to hide his position in the first place.

"So, you said you were adopted into a family of nine?"

"More like bought, but yes. Our father was a billionaire who set out to train us as soon as we were able to walk. He was an asshole and died a while back." Well, more like a few weeks ago, but they didn't need to know that.

"Bought?" Bruce couldn't help but feel a little bit of sympathy for the kid.

"Yes, bought. He worked me and my siblings to the ground and I'm pretty sure majority of us were happy to see him go," Five seemed to be getting lost in memories, so Bruce decided to try and ask once again about his mental health status.

"That must've been traumatic to grow up with. Maybe it left-"

"Save it, doctor. I have nothing to say to you or your stupid organisation, so you can go tell them to stick it up their ass."

Bruce visibly winced before standing up and brushing himself off.

"It was nice to meet you, Five,"

"Wish I could say the same." The reply was obviously sarcastic and Bruce took that as a cue to leave.

As Five watched Bruce quietly slip out through the door, he groaned loud enough for the people on the other side of the mirror to hear. He turned his head to face them, before smiling widely.

Yes, this should be fun.