Chapter 2

The Avengers, plus Nick Fury crowded around one of the many TVs SHIELD owned, staring at it tensely.

"So as you can see, something has seemed to break through our time-travel radars. These have only just been finished, right in time too," Hill explained, glancing at the people surrounding her from time to time.

"It seems that only one person has travelled to our timeline, at Highlands Park. If we were to check the cameras......." Hill trailed off, eyeing the Avengers intently. Bruce stepped up and proceeded to carry on for her.

"Then we could see who this person is and track them down! We could even start to study their briefcases Tony!" Bruce seemed to light up almost instantly, like a little kid on Christmas. Smiling Tony replied to the joyful doctor.

"Sure Brucie, just gotta catch the person first," He said, directing his attention back to the radar in front of him.

"Well? What are we waiting for idiots, let's go check the cameras," Nat rolled her eyes and pushed through everyone, making her way to the 'camera room'. The rest of the Avengers quickly took tow and followed the red head into the enclosed area, Fury choosing to stay behind to have a quiet chat with Hill.

"Now..." She pressed a few buttons and after a few minutes, they had a view on the whole park from about 20 minutes ago. Narrowing her eyes, Nat clicked onto one security camera on particular, settling down to watch the footage.

"This the one Nat?" Clint questioned from his place near the front. Nat simply gave a short nod, not taking her eyes off the computer. Clint, seemingly taking the hint, settled down next to her, eyes glued to the screen.

"Wait so this guy should have a briefcase-," Before Steve could finish, he was cut off from the small flash of blue in the corner of the screen, a kid standing there who wasn't present a few seconds ago.

"What the fuck?" Tony whispered, Steve mumbling a quiet 'language' a few seconds afterwards, but he too was completely confused by the footage. The team watched bewildered as the kid had no signs of a briefcase on him, yet had teleported right in front of their eyes.

"Damn you Fury, giving us the wrong information," Tony muttered to himself, although he still was confused as hell.

"Let's get this straight. This kid looks no more than thirteen, he teleported WITHOUT a briefcase and he's in this fancy blue suit? What has Fury shown us this time...." Clint said, eyeing the footage closely. The kid had now walked over to a woman that looked to be about in her 40's. Nat, who hadn't taken her eyes off of the screen since they had arrived, spoke up next.

"Hey, idiots. He's asking about us," That got everybody's attention as the room went silent. He seemed to be a little... lost and unsure on where he was at the moment. After the small conversation had ended, the Avengers watched as he walked back to the Oak tree he had landed under and leaned onto its trunk as if to take a break.

"Alright, too easy. Let's just swoop in there, get our hands on him and bring him back to Fury. We can ask him questions and shit while he's contained. I don't feel like getting attacked at the moment thank you very much," Tony broke the silence, glancing throughout the group. Steve gave a short nod and a few yes' we're thrown around the room. Smiling lightly he gave a quick nod.

"Great, let's go then,"

                               .              .             .      

Nat narrowed her eyes at the sleeping boy a few metres away from her. They had decided to go in undercover disguises to check out the target and each Avenger had an earpiece in.

"You got anything on the kid Nat?" Steve's rough voice came through the speaker.

"He's out cold. I reckon we should try and move him quickly, he seems like a light sleeper. I say we jump him and drug him to sleep before he can make a fuss," She heard a quiet sigh before he agreed, telling her to be careful. She stood up quietly and slowly made her way over to the tree that her target was sleeping under.

Readying the drug and cloth in her pocket, she glanced around before leaping onto the boy, shoving the material over his nose and mouth. She watched as his eyes opened suddenly, before quickly fluttering shut again. If he had woken up slightly earlier, he could have fought her off and made a scene.

Letting out a short breath she didn't know she was holding, lifted the boy up bridle style and walked over to the car that Tony had brought for the mission.

"The mission was successful. I've got the boy and I'm heading to the car now," She whispered into the ear piece, vaguely listening to the replies.

Glancing back down at the figure in her arms, she studied him closer. He was dressed in some sort of navy blue suit, with school boy shorts, long black socks and a checkered jumper underneath. The suit had a sort of coloured logo on the top, right of the suit. It was cut into four sections, an umbrella, a lightning bolt, a skull and some sort of link?

She wasn't quite sure. Before she knew it, she had reached the car and placed the boy in the back, climbing up into the front seat next to Tony.

"Right, let's get out of here. I really don't want to be reported in for kidnapping a minor," Tony simply grinned in response to the sarcastic red head, before speeding off down the road and away from the park.

                            .              .             .

Five woke up in a white room, handcuffed to a chair, all alone. Not the best way to wake up, he thought before straightening up and glaring straight at the wall to the left of him.

He wasn't stupid and knew that there was a one sided mirror placed next to him, so that the idiots that took him could watch him. Convenient, he'll admit. Glancing around, Five came up to the logical conclusion that since he had nowhere to go and he didn't even know where he was, he could stay here and mess with these assholes for a bit. Just for fun.

He smirked a little and shuffled his hands around for a bit, testing the strength of the restraints. If he was being completely honest, these weren't going to be that hard to break, he just needed something solid and sturdy. Thats when he started to take in his initial surroundings and he wasn't surprised.

The only things in this room were his chair and a wooden one located in front of him, probably for interrogators. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a flashing red light and looked up to a camera watching him.

He sighed before shifting his handcuffs towards the security camera and flashing the middle finger up at his captors. Oh how he missed pissing people off. His attention was taken off of the camera as a pirate looking man entered the room, dressed in black. He rolled his eyes at the ridiculous choice of fashion. How cliche. He narrowed his eyes at the man before speaking up.

"I suppose you have a reason for taking me hostage, assuming it's not because of my looks," Five raised a singular eyebrow at the man before settling for a 'creepy-ish' smile. He tilted his head to the side as the man brought out a gun, settling it right between his eyes.

"We have suspicions that you are working with The Temps Commission, taking in the fact that you 'travelled' here unexpectedly," Five widened his eyes slightly at the sudden accusation, but kept quiet.

"I'm Director Fury, apart of SHIELD. State your name, age and intentions and I will spare you some mercy. Refuse and this bullet goes through your skull,"