↳ 04

"No. Absolutely not." Big Red stated. Red and Autumn were sitting on the comfortable couch on the redhead's basement, playing video games, as Ricky paced back and forth beside them.

"Okay, I know it's crazy, dude, but she has to see me in a whole new light," Ricky said, looking at his two best friends. Autumn shook her head, showing her disapproval, while Big Red frowned.

"But we both hate musicals, Ricky." Red deadpanned. Ricky had just told them he wanted to audition for the musical, which obviously was a crazy idea.

"I mean, I get it that Autumn is auditioning, she's like fanatic about the whole musical scene, but you? You hate it, man." Red concluded and Autumn hummed in agreement.

"I don't hate musicals," Ricky affirmed, causing the other two to raise an eyebrow. "I just think it's weird when people, like, burst into song in the middle of the street."

"Dude, that's a musical." Autumn disclosed, chuckling as she looked at Ricky, seeing him sigh softly.

"Okay, look. I'm auditioning for this thing tomorrow, and nothing is gonna stop me." Ricky announced, remaining firm on his decision.

"Fine. Let's say you do this thing." Autumn says, getting up and grabbing Red's arm so he would stand up as well. "Do you even know the plot of High School Musical?" She inquired her brunette friend.

"Of course!" Ricky exclaimed as if it was obvious. "It's about Zac Efron dancing with a basketball."

"Wrong." Red protested. "It's about the character, Troy, having to choose between being true to his friend, Chad, or following his heart with Gabriella." The redhead says.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴄᴀᴍᴘʙᴇʟʟ, ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ

Did anyone know that Red knew so much about High School Musical? Because I certainly didn't. Am I liking it though? Heck yeah.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

"Why do you know so much about High School Musical?" Ricky asked, suspicious.

"They, uh, they play it on a loop at my allergist's office." Big Red says, embarrassed. "Look, the point is, you're out of your league here, man. All right? You can't pull this off."

"Actually, I think he can pull this off," Autumn said, catching their attention. "I just don't think it's worth it. C'mon, Rick, why are you submitting to all of this just because of a girl?"

"Yeah?" Ricky asks, completely ignoring Autumn's question. All that rang through his head were his friends words, such as 'you can't pull this off' or 'I just don't think it's worth it'.

"Yes," Autumn says, frowning. She could see the hurt in Ricky's watery eyes and, at that moment, she regretted being so harsh on him.

Ricky grabbed his skateboard and ran up the stairs, not saying another word. Autumn sighed, grabbing her backpack.

"I should go. I'll talk to him tomorrow Red, don't worry." The girl said, quickly hugging her friend before climbing the stairs as well, smiling sadly at him.

﹏﹏﹏

Autumn was facing the mirror in front of her while Gina retouched her makeup. "There you go. Now you're super ready to rock this thing." Gina said, smiling at Autumn.