↳ 09

"What? Uh, there was no..." Autumn fumbled with her words. The girl took a deep breath before proceeding, this time speaking more clearly. "I don't remember a kiss in what we read yesterday."

EJ nodded in agreement, but Miss Jenn quickly countered. "It was very much there in the original film."

"I only remember a hug." EJ declared, eyes narrowing slightly as he looked at their drama teacher.

"The kiss ended up on the cutting room floor. Little racy for its time." Miss Jenn argumented.

"Ooh, too far," Carlos mumbled under his breath, causing the woman to glare at him.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴇᴊ ᴄᴀsᴡᴇʟʟ, sᴇɴɪᴏʀ

It makes no sense. Why would you start at the end of the play? I sense Miss Jenn has a trick up her sleeve, and I don't know if I want to find out what it is. She was acting really weird today.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

﹏﹏﹏

Autumn intended to clear out all the questions she had from the rehearsal earlier that day. No, she didn't kiss EJ – obviously. In fact, they didn't get much done before the bell rang, signaling the beginning of the first class.

So now the brunette was sitting on a chair inside Miss Jenn's office during her ten-minute break, eagerly waiting for some answers from the teacher's part.

"Because if you don't know what Hedda Gabbler does in the last scene, how can you play her in the first?" Miss Jenn questioned in return.

"But I do know what happens in the last scene," Autumn affirmed. "It's a hug, not a kiss. Miss Jenn, did you put that kiss back in because of that spark thing?"

"Sweetie, I added the kiss because our production needs it. I've also added a cowbell, a power ballad for the drama teacher, and a wildcat cheer for the curtain call." The teacher stated rapidly in a clearly defensive tone.

"That all sounds great, but I..." Autumn sighed, trying to collect her thoughts. "I just can't kiss EJ right now."

When Miss Jenn tilted her head and shot Autumn a confused look, the girl continued. "Not yet, anyway. He has a girlfriend. Nini. She's playing Kelsi. It wouldn't be fair to her."

The blue-eyed professor linked her hands, taking a deep breath. "Autumn, trust the process. EJ's character only has eyes for Gabriella."

﹏﹏﹏

Gina and Autumn were already in the bomb shelter, waiting for the rest of their peers. Gina was sitting on top of one of the many tables around, while Autumn was lying with her head on her best friend's lap.

"I don't know if I can do this, G." Autumn said, an exasperated sigh leaving her lips. "He has a girlfriend. Besides, it's not like we're anything more than friends. Plus, after Justin, I don't know if I can..."

Gina looked at her friend sympathetically, combing her fingers through Autumn's hair in an attempt to comfort her. "I thought you said you didn't have anything with that guy," Gina noted.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴄᴀᴍᴘʙᴇʟʟ, ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ