↳ 20

"Great! That sounds like a plan." A seemingly frustrated Carlos tells Natalie, the stage manager for the musical, as Kourtney and Big Red watch. The crew was about to take a photo for the posters that would be spread around the school walls, as well as the flyers that would be given to the audience during opening night.

The main cast, minus EJ, was already standing in front of the "High School Musical" background, everyone displaying their costume proudly. Kourtney had done an amazing job in recreating the wardrobe from the movie.

Carlos continued giving instructions to Big Red and Kourtney, making sure everything was perfect. Meanwhile, Autumn and Gina chatted cheerfully in the corner. Autumn was wearing a pair of blue jeans that worked really well with the green shirt she had on, and a bright red coat. She really resembled Gabriella.

"So..." Gina started, dragging out the 'o'. A teasing smile appeared on her face and Autumn mentally prepared herself for the question she knew was coming "How did it go with EJ after the homecoming dance? You need to tell me everything."

"Nothing happened, G. EJ drove me home and that was it." Autumn lied, smiling innocently at her friend. 

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴄᴀᴍᴘʙᴇʟʟ, ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ

I know what you must be thinking right now; I truly didn't want to lie to Gina, she's my best friend and I'm sure she's so excited for me. But, in light of certain recent events - yes, I mean that kiss -, me and EJ agreed that, for now, it was best to keep it between us. Primarily because J has been going through a lot, and I don't want to overwhelm him. I'm still not sure exactly what we are, but... I'm excited to find out.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

Gina gave her a suspicious glance and, for a moment, Autumn's breath hitched in her throat. She knew Gina would not totally believe her when she said nothing happened, especially because she was bursting with unnatural happiness at such hours in the morning, but if Gina kept looking at her like that, she would feel compelled to tell her. And it was too soon.

Luckily, Gina didn't push the matter forward, instead starting to rant about her night with Andrew at the Homecoming dance and how he'd promised to take her on another date sometime.

A few feet away, Seb, Ricky, and the boy who played Ryan talked about some videogame that had just been released. While Ricky and the Ryan boy seemed totally at ease, Seb's eyes were practically glued to Carlos and Autumn couldn't stop the smile on her face once she noticed.

"Okay people, let's do this." A familiar voice cheered, grabbing everyone's attention. As soon as Gina and Autumn turned around to see EJ wearing the iconic Troy outfit, which consisted of a blue sweatshirt, a green sports jacket, and that ridiculous wig, they couldn't stop themselves from doubling over with laughter.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴇᴊ ᴄᴀsᴡᴇʟʟ, sᴇɴɪᴏʀ

Do I recognize I look absolutely ridiculous right now? Yes. Do I like having the whole crew laughing at me? Obviously no. But seeing that gorgeous smile on Autumn's face made it so worth it.

──────────

Gɪɴᴀ Pᴏʀᴛᴇʀ, Sᴏᴘʜᴏᴍᴏʀᴇ

Who are these two trying to fool? Something undeniably happened between EJ and Autumn. Did you catch the way his eyes lit up when he saw her in that costume? I know they aren't ready to tell me what happened, otherwise they would have, but I'm so happy to see them allowing themselves to be happy. They are so cute together.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

"Oh my god, EJ!" Autumn said between her laughter, gesturing towards his costume. "I- I can't. There's so much to talk about."

"I'm glad you enjoy watching me suffer, Tulip." The senior playfully replies, making Carlos shake his head with a smile.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

Bɪɢ Rᴇᴅ, Jᴜɴɪᴏʀ

Yes, it's picture day, for the cover of our program. I was in Photography Club for a year in middle school, so... Clique.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

﹏﹏﹏

After the disastrous photoshoot, Autumn sat down in one of the chairs of the auditorium, waiting for Carlos' further instructions and the arrival of Miss Jenn. EJ quietly sat down next to her and she looked up from her phone, smiling brightly at him "Hi." She said shyly.

"Hey Tulip." He replied, a small smile on his face. "You look beautiful today. N-not that you don't look gorgeous all the time! I mean..." He stops himself from rambling further, a small blush of embarrassment covering his cheeks due to his stumble over his words.

Autumn giggles, grabbing his hand in hers and gently intertwining their fingers together. "I got it. Thanks. You look great too - apart from that hideous Troy wig, of course." The brunette girl says, smiling at EJ.

With his free hand, he takes off the wig, carefully throwing it towards another seat. "I missed you yesterday." He mumbled, his thumb caressing her knuckles as he looked around to verify that everybody had already left. Only then did he allow himself to gently lean his head on her shoulder.

She kissed the top of his head gently, grateful that EJ couldn't see the crimson blush on her cheeks due to the dim lights of the auditorium and also his position. "I'm sorry, yesterday I had to help my mom around the house. Do you want to hang out after school?" Autumn asked softly.

"Can we go get pizza? Please?" He asked, tilting his head upwards so she could see his pleading eyes.

Chuckling, Autumn replied. "Sure. We can watch a movie too if you want. I know you can't resist a good Harry Potter marathon." She suggested, her laughter increasing as she took in the expression of excitement on his face. At that moment, Autumn vowed silently to do anything to keep EJ happy.