↳ 17

Gina audibly sighed as the group walked past a poster of the Homecoming Dance that would occur a few days later.

"What is it, G?" Autumn questioned her friend, trying to figure out why she looked so sad. Ashlyn simply looked at Gina, waiting for the answer as well.

"As you guys know, I used to move a lot before I came to Salt Lake City. I guess I just never felt like I could enjoy things like school dances because, deep down, I knew my stay would only be... Temporary." Gina explained, a sad smile displayed on her face.

"That's so sad!" Autumn exclaimed, throwing one of her arms around Gina's shoulder. "That ends now. We'll give you the best homecoming dance you could ever imagine."

Ashlyn smiled at her friends. "Yes, we'll even find you a hot date. I've seen that backup dancer, Andrew, throwing some looks your way." The red-headed girl teased, making the others laugh.

However, the laughter immediately died down after they spotted EJ a few feet away, rummaging through his locker with a miserable expression.

"He needs your support," Gina affirmed, looking at Autumn. "We'll leave you two alone."

As Gina and Ashlyn continued their path down the corridor, Autumn stopped in her tracks once she reached the senior's locker.

"Hey, J," Autumn said softly, grabbing his attention. He was visibly surprised by her sudden presence, nevertheless, his wide eyes softened in recognition.

"Hey," EJ replied, not knowing what else to say. The tension around him was noticeable.

"I know you're still upset about the whole Nini thing," Autumn decided to address the elephant in the room. "but I want you to know that, no matter what, I'm here for you."

EJ could feel his heart pounding upon hearing these words. It was true, ever since the beginning of their friendship, she had been there to support him and cheer him up.

At that moment, EJ wanted to tell her everything. He wanted to tell her about the butterflies she ignited in his stomach, and how his heart always sped up when she was around. He wanted to tell her that she always made him happy, and there was no one else he'd rather be with.

But he didn't. Baby steps, he thought. Of course, he wouldn't spill his feelings like that, especially not while he was still tense over Nini.

"Do you want to go to the dance with me?" EJ blurted, breaking the comfortable silence that filled the air for a few moments.

Autumn blinked, taking a moment to process his words. The girl could feel the heat rising to her cheeks at his proposal. "Of course. I would love to." She muttered, making the boy smile for the first time that day.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴄᴀᴍᴘʙᴇʟʟ, ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ

Am I dreaming this whole thing? Did he really invite me to the dance, as his date? Oh my god, I don't have anything to wear! Where's Gina?

──────────

Gɪɴᴀ Pᴏʀᴛᴇʀ, Sᴏᴘʜᴏᴍᴏʀᴇ

Were we spying on the whole thing? Of course we were. Finally, these two are taking the next step! If EJ breaks her heart, I swear I'll punch him.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

﹏﹏﹏

The Wonders
(Sebbie, Autumn🌷, Gina, Ash🍁)

𝐒𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐞
Guess who just got a date to the dance!

𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚
Omg, Seb! Who is he???

𝐒𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐞
It's Carlos. I'm so nervous...

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 🌷
I'm sure it'll be fine!
You make such a cute pair ;)

𝐀𝐬𝐡 🍁
Speaking of cute dates...
You're not the only one, Seb :p
I heard EJ asked Autumn yesterday.

𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚
These dummies are finally getting together 😃

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 🌷
Omg Gina just used an emoji.
Who are you and how did you get my bestie's phone?

𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚
Lol.

𝐒𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐞
I'm so happy for you Autumn!
Gina, Ash, who are you guys going with?

𝐀𝐬𝐡 🍁
Not sure yet.
I'll probably end up going with G.

𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚
Actually...

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 🌷
You've got a date, haven't you?

𝐆𝐢𝐧𝐚
Yeah.
Andrew asked me earlier :)

𝐀𝐬𝐡 🍁
I knew he liked you!
Never thought I'd be the only single in this group, but oh well.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 🌷
We're not even dating yet, calm down Ash 😂

𝐀𝐬𝐡 🍁
Let's see in a few weeks :p

(A/N - Hey guys! I'm sorry this chapter is shorter, but I want to cover the whole dance in the next chapter. About my recent absence, I've kinda been swamped with school work, but I'm trying to write more actively :). I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!)