Chapter 6: έξι

A/N There may be some parts that aren't suitable for younger audiences. Reader discretion is advised. Disclaimer: This is fictitious, fictive, fictional and basically not real.

He glanced at the silver watch wrapped around his wrist as he waited for Lea. They were due to a cocktail party with other faculty and staff of the University in celebration of its founding and they were driving together. It hadn't been long since he arrived in Lea's condominium but there was a certain feeling of anticipation that seeped through his skin whenever she was involved. And every single time, he simply couldn't wait to catch a glimpse of her. The universe probably heard his plea because not even five minutes later, the door to her room opened and revealed her in a floor length black evening gown with lace sleeves that hugged her body in all the right places. Her hair was neatly tucked in a ponytail and it emphasized her smoky eyes that sparkled in the dark and her dark red lips that he wanted nothing more than to kiss. A teardrop diamond studded earring hung from her ears. She had him springing up from his seat with jaw dropped and words lost. Beautiful in every way, he thought to himself, forgetting how to breathe for a moment.

"Oh, bakit ka tulala?" she teased while she walked towards him.

"I—i don't know what to say," he whispered breathlessly without taking his eyes off her.

She chuckled. "Hay, naku Ian. Tama nang pambobola iyan," she rebuffed playfully while rolling her eyes at him.

"My love, you have driven a classic literature professor to a point he has forgotten his words," he whispered.

She shook her head while she tried to keep herself from smiling but there were things that were too beautiful to remain elusive. And for him, her smile shone brighter than the skies splattered all over the skies in the heaven above. He didn't have words to describe her but beautiful.

"I have something for you," she said as she neared him and he saw the tiny black box she was holding in her palm. He hummed curiously as she beckoned him to sit back down the couch and settled beside him. She held the box out to him and urged him to take it.

Shrugging, he removed it from her palm and carefully removed the lid. It revealed a pair of white gold cufflinks that glimmered against the lights of the table lamp. His head whipped towards her and saw her smiling from ear to ear. "You didn't have to," he murmured softly in awe.

"I wanted to."

"Will you help me put it on?"

"Of course."

He moved to remove his cufflink but stopped when her palm fell on his arm and removed the cufflinks herself before replacing them with the ones she got for him. He heaved a shaky breath and ran a finger against the surface of the cufflink when he noticed the symbol.

Π

"A Pi? Why?" he asked curiously.

She gave him a tender smile and held his hand between both of hers, cradling it against her knees with her chin planted on his knuckles. "Because you keep on calling me Pragma," she answered matter of factly. "It's the first letter of that word in Greek Alphabet and I thought it was only fitting that you wear it. You know why?"

He shook his head and encouraged her to continue.

She smiled. "Because my love for you is as long-standing as yours is for me."

He stood on his feet and pulled her with him. He took his hand from her hold and gathered her within his arms, slowly swaying with her in silence. She looped her arms around his but just she clasped her fingers together, he leaned down and stole a kiss. Her eyes widened and she playfully slapped his chest.