2 | Ambush By The Paps

Hey! I'm back! This is a bit shorter than the other one but I try to keep my one-shots longer than 1k words. But some one-shot just might be shorter. Hope you guys enjoy!

Also, what are your thoughts on mature scenes (aka smut)? Should I write any or do you guys want me to keep it strictly PG-13? (Like just kissing, cuddling, maybe a little more)

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

The air was chilly today, and the sun was up. It was perfect weather for a jog. You dressed warmly but comfortably before walking out the door, making sure to lock it behind you. James, your bodyguard, was dressed in his winter workout clothes as he jogged alongside you.

"You know this is not safe, right?" He voiced out his thoughts, making you roll your eyes.

"If I knew when I was fifteen that being an actress and singer means no privacy, I would have never signed up for it," you replied simply, knowing it's only the half-truth. You wouldn't trade your job for anything. But a little privacy must be nice sometimes, not getting ambushed by paparazzi every time you go out.

"You and I both know that's bullshit," James glanced over at you before looking at the road once more. You rolled your eyes, ignoring him.

Even though the day was quiet and calm, it didn't seem to last. It never seems to last. 

James let out a groan as the two of you turned the corner. "Paparazzi," he whispered quietly, slowly backing up, gesturing for you to do the same. 

"I see," you hissed at him, trying to turn around but it's too late, they already saw you. The swarm of paparazzi scared the shit out of you every time even after years of encountering them. They never seem to get that you want something called 'privacy'. "I can't believe they get pay for doing this shit."

"Y/n!" 

Yeah, that's me, now gimme space. 

"Over here!" 

No. 

"Is it true that you met Olivia Rodrigo in Disneyland?"

Disney- WHAT?!

"What's your relationship status?" 

 Fuck off, it's not your problem. 

"Is it true that you're dating Olivia Rodrigo?"

Sure, we're dating, but it's not like it's any of your business. 

By now, you felt ready to flip off the next person that asks you a question but refrained from doing so. James grabbed your arm, the two of you trying to make your way out of the crowd of paparazzi that only seems to double in size in the short time they spotted you. 

"Y/n! Over here! Can I ask a few questions?"

You bite your lips, stifling a sarcastic response like 'you're already asked'. "Come on," James pulled you along, the two of you sprinting the opposite way of your house. It's the one thing you have managed to keep hidden from the paparazzi and you wish to keep it that way. 

"I told you going outside was a bad idea," James said, out of breath. You were standing on the sidewalk, watching cars went by. Some slow down when they noticed you but never one pulled over, which you're thankful for. 

"Well, as a bodyguard, you should have tried harder to stop me," you fired back, breathing heavily. 

James shook his head before pulling out his phone, probably to call your driver. You glanced at the place you ran from, wishing you could teleport when you saw the mob of paparazzi. "They really are determined."