Nine

A few weeks later, school started, and Olivia was so ready to teach her students. She got all the kids goody bags with school supplies and a few pieces of candy, kind of as a bribe to be good on the first day and to help them like her.

"Good morning!" Olivia smiled as she greeted a group of students and their parents as they were dropped off on the first day.

"Wow, you are a lot younger than I expected." One mother chuckled as she walked over and shook hands with Olivia.

"I'm only twenty-two. But I swear that I have a degree in teaching and know what I'm doing." Olivia smiled.

"There are a lot of younger teachers this year, so I hope we can trust you all." Another mother spoke, and Olivia grew a little nervous as she turned to the other mother.

"I promise you all that we are all qualified and are going to be great teachers for your children. Now, I ask you all to make drop off as short as possible to prevent any tears, and I will see you all for pickup." Olivia smiled.

The parents said goodbye to their children before slipping from the room hesitantly. Olivia walked over and helped her students put their bags up and then had them all sit down on the rug.

Once the bell rang, Olivia took a moment to center herself, and then she went and joined her students on the rug.

"Alright, I am Miss Benson and I am your teacher. To start today, we are going to do a show and tell with the stuffed animals you all brought. Tell us your name, age, and what your animal is." Olivia smiled as she stood and grabbed her small stuffed dog that Elliot had won her when they first started dating.

"Are you going first?" One boy asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I think I will. Now, everyone please be quiet." Olivia spoke.

It took a few tries, but Olivia eventually got her students to stop talking, and then she introduced herself to her class.

///

After going over the alphabet a few times and doing her reading tests, Olivia had to walk her students down to the gym for their PE class. She held a hand of one of her students and kept the kids in line and quiet as they passed through the kindergarten and first grade hall. Elliot was waiting outside of the gym, and he smiled when he saw Olivia and her class.

"Miss Benson. Kids. Are you all ready for gym?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"They all are wearing proper footwear and pants. They are a little hyper, so have fun." Olivia chuckled.

Elliot smiled before sending the kids into the gym and telling them to run laps around the gym while he chatted with their teacher.

"How is it going so far?" Elliot asked, and Olivia smiled.

"It's going really good... the parents were worried though since I'm really young."

"But you are a great teacher, Liv. Just keep proving yourself and they will believe you before you know it." Elliot spoke.

"Uh, so I will see you in an hour. If any of them need me, just call my room and I'll come down." Olivia spoke before turning and heading back towards her room.

"Liv!" Elliot called, and Olivia turned around and looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to stay and watch their first class? We are just running around, doing stretches, and then learning how to jump rope today."

"I really can't do all of that. I'm in a dress and heels." Olivia laughed softly.

"If you aren't busy, just join us. You can help me supervise."

"Uh... okay. Sure. I'll help, but I'm not running. I refuse to break an ankle on my first day."

///

Olivia really enjoyed spending time with Elliot and her students. The rest of the day ended up going fast for both Olivia and Elliot, and they were both super excited about what this year would bring for them.

"The kids love you." Elliot smiled as he met Olivia by her classroom door as she locked it.

"They love you too. I'm honestly surprised with how good you are with kids." Olivia admitted, as she turned and smiled at Elliot.

"I have a niece who is like my everything. I'm always Carol's go to for needing someone to watch Jessica." Elliot spoke as he led Olivia down the hall and towards the exit.

"So I guess that I'll see you tomorrow." Olivia breathed, since things kinda fizzled out. She was actually surprised about how nice it was to be around Elliot and for him to visit her when he got the chance.

"Actually, I was wondering if we could get a drink or maybe go out for dinner? It's only five and I really would like to talk about today." Elliot offered as he glanced over at Olivia.

"Dinner?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded.

"Yeah, we could go and get dinner and talk more. Today was a huge day for us, and I think we could really use each other to work through all the excitement."

"Are you dating anyone?" Olivia questioned as they walked out the front doors.

"I am not... are you?" Elliot asked nervously.

"I'm not either... I just wanted to make sure that if I accept your invitation, that I won't be messing up a relationship. So yeah. Let's go out for dinner and then maybe you could come over to my house and we could have a few beers." Olivia smiled.

///

Dinner and a nightcap turned into Olivia and Elliot sharing a kiss at around ten that night.

"Okay." Olivia breathed as she closed her eyes tightly and rested her forehead against Elliot's.

"I'm sorry that I kissed you. I just couldn't help myself." Elliot whispered as he dropped his hands to Olivia's waist.

"I'm not." Olivia admitted quietly.

"You aren't sorry? The last time we talked, you wanted nothing to do with me. The most you did to contact my family was sending a gift to Carol for her baby shower." Elliot replied as he opened his eyes and looked at Olivia.

"We have grown up, El. You really have matured, and I can see that... so no, I'm not sorry that you kissed me. I'm glad you did and I'm going to kiss you again, right now."