one

001

the night we met - lord huron

take me back to the night we met.

new neighborhoods, what about em? i mean, they're just full of a ton of people who don't know your name.
what's so interesting about moving anyways? it's not like some cute guy might just live next door, this isn't like ti is in the movies.

or maybe i'm just unlucky, but i have yet to have a guy sweep me off of my feet two days after we've met.

walking down the driveway of a brand new house, an absolutely insane feeling. new people, new environments. so frightening. once you mess up when you're new, it sticks. it's your impression.

me walking down my driveway, a pretty weird feeling. my dad told me i needed to unload the truck into the house, alone. how does one do that. dozens of boxes with different labels.

seemed like the most difficult task, until a certain british accent toned in my ear. god, this is america. why are british people taking over? i thought the worst in the brit just until i turned around and saw the most perfect curls and perfect smile.

he stepped closer and closer every second, and every second i became just a little bit closer to absolutely bursting into flames. he gave me a smile, just before words slipped past his teeth.

"i'm gunna take the smallest guess and say you are our newest here?" he smiled, god that smile didn't seem to disappear once.

"you guessed it." blaire let out a cute chuckle. "uhm i- i'm blaire." she smiled, stuffing her hands into her sweatpants pockets.

"noah." he gave her a teeth-less smile, stepping closer to stick out his hand. she pulled her hand from her pocket to shake his hand awkwardly.

"sorry, i uh. i'm 17, don't think i shake hands every often." she joked. noah let out a laugh, before walking to the other side of her to look into the back of the truck.

"so, need some help?"

"i. i think i'm good, thank you though." she picked up a box before dropped it right then, slipping past her fingertips.

"let me help you." he chuckled, picking the box up, smiling at her. she stared at him for just a split second before she shook herself out of it and quickly shuffled herself closer to the truck to grab another box.

"try not to drop that one, and maybe don't carry the chinas." noah said from the garage.

"right." blaire said to herself, internally
face palming at her awkwardness.