Chapter 11: Pillowtalk

A/N: Hey guys! I apologize for taking so long to update AGAIN. In fairness, I had to focus on graduating and keeping my grades up until school was done.  But now that I'm free... I have more writing time! I will try to keep a more regular writing schedule now- feel free to motivate (or peer pressure) me into updating faster either in the comments or privately. 

On a side note, so far the Loki series has been keeping me on my toes. Still trying to figure out what the fuck is going on though- I just finished watching the fourth episode. It's pretty interesting so far!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

- Harper E. Pierce

P.S: Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians (and/or those who celebrate)!

BRIAR:

The next morning, I woke up in a room that was most certainly not mine and covered in sheets that also weren't mine. Thank god for the sheets, because I was completely naked underneath them, and wrapped in a pair of arms that could only be my roommate's. I carefully flipped over to face Bucky, trying not to disturb his slumber. I looked over his features as he slept, remembering the events that occurred the previous night. And there's one thing that crossed my mind; of all the times I thought about the day I'd lose my virginity, never did I think it would be in a shower... and then on a bed. I smiled at thoughts of what happened. Bucky was gentle and patient with me, but still so passionate.

HYDRA taught me that sex was about pleasing your target, and it was never the other way around. The only things I ever learned about sex were from the trainers with HYDRA who taught me how to seduce, and whatever my girlfriends in the forties would tell me about their experiences.

I got out of the bed, being careful not to wake Bucky, and found the first t-shirt and boxers on the floor so I could put them on. Usually, I'd take a shower first, but I was feeling particularly hungry this morning, so I decided that breakfast would be a good idea. I still had one frying pan, two plates and a set of utensils I had yet to put away, so I decided to make the last of the eggs in the fridge. Bucky and I mostly emptied it yesterday, both from eating things and throwing them out, but we left some food for the morning. I started on the rest of the eggs, deciding to put on some forties, fifties and sixties music as I cooked and put on the coffee pot.

My hips began to sway a bit as Paul Anka softly played in the background from the speaker in the kitchen. I put some bread in the toaster and continued to watch the scrambled eggs as they cooked. The aroma of breakfast moved throughout the apartment. It was hard to believe that it would be my last morning here. I spent the last two years here, and now I was going to Avenger's Tower.

I remembered the day I first moved into the apartment. I lived in SHIELD's facilities and occasionally at Avenger's Tower with Nat over the holidays until the day I got the news that I was free to live on my own, so long as I continued to go to my weekly therapy sessions, and start doing field missions with SHIELD. Fury gave me the option to become an Avenger, but I was never totally comfortable there. Don't get me wrong, the Avengers were nice people. But I always felt like a science experiment when I was there- they stared at me as if I was going to just react or explode at any given moment. Even though Natasha and Steve were always there to comfort me, I felt being on my own might be better for me. Within the week, I got the place and moved in.

And now, I was going to the place I originally never wanted to go to. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought it might be better. Natasha always said that since she joined the Avengers, she's never had a more safe support system in place. They became her family.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Bucky's body was closely pressed to mine, and his head nuzzled into my neck, softly kissing the now deep purple marks he left behind last night. A grin grew on my face.