Tale 4

Tale 4
Falling

Adelina’s plan to divorce the Duke failed.

Time for Plan B: Befriend the villainess to avoid death.

If that failed too, the alphabet still has 24 more letters.

Adelina busied herself on writing a letter. She made sure that aside from the polite greeting, everything else were insulting to grab the attention of the recipient.

This is a letter meant for Daniella Agrielle, and she’s using reverse psychology to get close to her.

Daniella Agrielle is the villainess in the novel  [Queen of Hearts].

She was described in the novel as someone wicked and ruthless. She’s obsessed with Niklaus, so she often bullies Adelina when they were young. In the novel, she tried to harm Lilianna many times, and in the end she was sentenced to death after her link to Adelina's death was exposed.

But since Adelina’s plan for divorce failed, she must befriend Daniella who will be the mastermind for Adelina’s death.

The two of them became pen pals, they kept exchanging letters insulting each other for a couple of months, making them friends in the process.

***

Months will passed by, Adelina realized that the Duke is actually becoming friendlier with the passage of time.

He never missed dinner and he make sure that the two of them spends time together, during tea time, when she went out shopping for new clothes, when she take some long walks at the garden or even when she’s just at home reading books.

If she didn’t know that he have feelings for Lilianna, she’ll probably think that he likes her or something like that. But that’s just crazy. Something like that is impossible.

“Duchess, I will leave this jar of lemon water here in case you grew thirsty at night.” Sabrina said before bedtime

“Thank you Sabby.” Adelina

“Good night, Duchess. Rest well.” Sabrina smiled at her before closing the door.

The room was suddenly shrouded in darkness, the only source of light was the flame in the fireplace warming her cold room and Adelina drifted to sleep.

“Hey.”

Adelina’s slumber was disturbed by a small voice.

“Hey, who are you?” the voice grew louder in her ears and Adelina opened her eyes.

“Hmm?” she was surprised to be greeted by an unfamiliar face.

She was pretty sure that she was alone in her room earlier. Where did this guy come from? How did he enter her roo—Wait! This is not her room?!

“Where am I? And who are you?” Adelina asked warily

“I should be the one asking that. How did you get here? It’s my first time meeting someone in this Dream Realm.” The guy replied

“Dream Realm?” Adelina never heard about something like that before.

“This is my family’s secret training ground. This is the world of dreams. How did you get here?” asked the guy