Tale3

Tale 3
Divorce

It's been days.

The Duchess and the Duke didn't spoke with each other for several days after their argument.

The servants secretly gossiped about this, worried that the two won't be able to fix their relationship at these rate.

The Duke left to work and inspect his territory.

Since the duke will be away from home because of his work, Adelina took this opportunity to escape.

She wore some commoner clothes and left a clone of herself in the mansion to not cause a commotion.

Adelina's Legacy is Cloning.

She can create clones of not just her self but also of other people.

She can clone them perfectly including their Legacy.

Once she reabsorbs the clone back to her body, she can also absorb the Legacy of the clone.

If Mirroring Legacy works by temporarily borrowing other people's powers. Then Cloning Legacy allows her to copy other people's Legacy and makes it her own.

Using Sabrina's [Invisibility Legacy] that she copied years ago, Adelina was able to left unhindered.

She happily strolled through the town.

She felt like a tourist visiting a foreign land. She really wish she have a camera so she can take pictures around the town.

She suddenly saw a crowd at the centre of the town.

Is there a celebration? A festival?

"What's happening here, Sir?" she asked an old man

"The monthly brawl. The men here fights in public. And people can place bets." the old man answered

"A brawl? Sounds interesting!" Adelina

She cannot believe that the Duke who looks so well mannered would allow this barbaric kind of events in his land. But she likes this kind of stuffs. She's a fan of boxing and wrestling in her past life afterall!

But placing bets? Is that even legal? The Duke allow such things?

"Do you want to place a bet pretty lady?"

"Can I really bet?" Adelina

"Of course!"

Adelina secretly activated the [Legacy of Luck] and randomly bet some silver coins on a fighter.

We already know what happened next.

Adelina earned so much money that people stared at her in shock.

"How? Just who is that lady?"

Of course, no one knows her.

The Duchess never really went out on official business so the common people doesn't know her face.

A lizard-looking man smirked secretly. Seeing the weak-looking woman, she made up his mind to follow her and snatch her money. If she fights back, well, even he is not sure what he might do.

"Hey! There must be foul play here! How did she won so much money?!" another man in the crowd ranted

"She bet silver coins, so of course she earn big." A woman defended