Pansexuality Vs Omnisexuality - How They're Different

Pansexuality
• Pansexual means to be attracted to all genders. Gender is most commonly not a big factor of a relationship with a pansexual. When picturing the ideal partner: gender has no part. They focus on others personality and/or looks to develop attraction.

Omnisexuality
• Omnisexual means to be attracted to all genders as well, although gender often plays a role in ones attraction. Omnisexual's tend to have preferences when picturing the ideal partner. For example, they may be fine dating any gender but might prefer to date someone that identifies as female.

How are they different?
• The main differentiating factor is preferences, pansexual people don't "favorite" genders and typically see all genders equally, while a omnisexual person can "favorite" a gender or feel attracted to different genders in different ways. Omnisexual people often see differences in genders when choosing a partner, they often look for different things in different genders. For example, they could prefer to look for independence in women, but clingy from men. A pansexual doesn't see a different in attraction towards genders, they typically look for the same traits and factors for all genders when searching for love.

For example, if we replace genders with animals and asked a pansexual and omnisexual what their favorite animal was, they would say different things. If you were to ask a pansexual person what animal they favorite a usual response would be something along the lines of, "I like all animals because they are all so pretty." If you ask an omnisexual the same thing they would often reply with, "I prefer dogs but I like all animals because they are all different in their own ways."

If you didn't understand that example I'll put it in a plain form,
Pansexual: "I like all genders because they are all so pretty."
Omnisexual: "I prefer girls but I like all genders because they are all different in their own ways."

Although, this experience can differ from different people. I write primarily from research, so it's better to ask an Omni or Pansexual person how they perceive this knowledge, instead of assuming. Of course don't let this get you stressed out if you are Pansexual and have more qualities of an Omnisexual person, no one gets to decide your sexuality. So, everything you just read can be changed from your perspective, but it's also completely from research.